Help! Beauty training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheryl whitehea

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I need some help if anyone knows!
I am starting an NVQ in Beauty Therapy in september but have recently found out I can complete it in a shorter time span with the beauty acadamy in London. Does anyone know if this is a worth while course or should I just stick with the two year plan??

Thank you

I recommend that the course is supervised rather than one where you go in for a day and then practice at home (speaking from experience here).

If the one at the beauty academy is supervised then yes, it could be a worthy option. I've not been there myself but if it's the one with the pink website then I've looked into it at least.

I think things to weigh up are factors such as cost, how you learn, how quickly you want to be qualified etc.

Oh come join Chezza and I over here http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/180524-thread-those-us-starting-nvq-beauty-september-d.html

We are both starting our courses in September to retrain in beauty too :D

Looking at the website for the beauty acadamy it seems their course lasts 9 weeks? I really can see why te idea of getting a qualification that quickly appeals... but im not sure 9 weeks to learn and practice everything seems like a lot of time? It also seems to cost a lot - almost what I paid a year at uni :eek: In the scheme of it, 36 weeks isn't that long when you think it gives you time at each stage to build up kit and practice each treatment on family and friends to perfect it and build up what could be your future client base :D

I know it isnt the same everywhere but my NVQ is going to be free with the exception of paying for my kit and uniform and depending on your financial position the London College of Beauty may offer the course for around £350 (which covers your exam fees, uniform and kit). Worth a look if you decide to do the course in the 8 months rather than the 9 weeks one

Good luck with whatever option you chose :D

Latest posts

Back