Help best way to remove tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen mobile tan

Reaction score
So I partice tanning my bf the other nite with my new suntana 10% he wore it to bed that nite and washed it off the following morning but he just keeps getting darker and hates the colour us there any way for him to wash it off also could anyone help me and tell me y this has happened has he had it on to long b4 washing it's also come out patchy in places on his arms epically!!!!

Hi Helen,
It is quite difficult when spraying men in particular as in my experience they have dry areas along with oily areas. This change in skin condition can cause the patches you have mentioned.
If it looked ok when you sprayed him it will be his skin or his lack of preparation - not you / your solutions.
A real good scrub before the spray should minimise / eliminate this.
Daily showers to remove build up and moisturising regular as standard.

Most do like the Suntana tan the following day or even the day after then as with some skin types this is when it will 'peak'.
Removing it can be difficult as with any brands.
I would recommend applying loads of body butter to soften the skin and have a good exfoliate after a couple of hours, a good long soak in the bath helps too. Repeat if necessary after 12/24 hours so not to make the skin raw. Tan removal kits are on the market and exfoliating mitt's which will help give a thorough exfoliate.

Theres no quick fix though.

Possibly try him with the Coconut light tan next time hey ;)

Last edited:
Thank u I did he legs with a different solution and used a 12% and it didn't come out as dark as this to be fair I don't think it looks that bad it is dark but to me it just looks like he been Sum where nice on holiday but he's friends have been taking the micky out of him all day so he just wants it off now I'm gonna try a baby oil bath as I heard that will wash sum off it off I haven't yet done my practical training but this is doing my confidence no gd now as he said he will never let me do it again

Aw poor you! Don't let it knock your confidence.
Lads are always ready to take the mick - its nothing against your ability :oops:
Bless you.

Yes a baby oil bath would help too - a good long soak (and if he complains whilst in the bath again simply throw in the hairdryer) o_O lol

Lol thanks hun I dunno if maybe he had it on to long he wore it for over 10 hrs b4 washing it off

I doubt its that.
Tanning liquid is like hair dye - after so many hours it stops developing. It can however dry the skin if left on too long (if the client has particularly sensitive skin especially).
How much solution dd you use for half body? Possibly he's been over sprayed?
Too much can cause DHA overload which can give an unnatural look.

Trial and error lovie, you'll get there and he'll be wanting regular tans ;) lol

Lol I used almost a whole 100ml of lotion on the whole body I thought that it wouldn't matter how long he left it for as I had read that u could sleep in it

That is a little on the excessive side. Most will use around 50ml - possibly higher for a beginner but try getting a finer spray and do two fine coats as opposed to one tick coat as I find this helps too ;)
If he thought it was too dark there is the lighter shades to try anyway.

Happy Tanning! :D

We are the exclusive UK distributor for Sabiha Spray Tan Removal Kits :)

After seeing First hand my clients not being able to remove the Spray tan residue which left skin looking blotchy, patchy, dry or just too orange I knew that this product was in demand there was no solution to completely removing the tan apart from harsh chemicals. This inspired me to create a product that would make Spray Tan removal easier as well as make it possible to tone down the colour if the tan is too dark.

Sabiha Spray Tan Removal kits has a real point in difference offering something unique to the Tanning Industry it delivers superior results using all natural environmentally friendly ingredients.The combination of our Natural body wash bar to accompany the double sided woven spray tan removal mitt will leave your skin feeling fresh, silky and ready for reapplication of your next spray tan.

It is our promise you will not be disappointed!

Retail best seller for any salon or technician that offers spray tanning

Good Luck :)

Latest posts

Back