Help Bio Sculpture Course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie Blue

Reaction score
Help just signed myself up for the Bio Sculpture course this month as a new profession I am 57 absolutely terrified:Scared: any good tips before I start out.

They have sent me the Starter Kit but also a letter saying what I need to take with me which includes extra Gel Brushes not included in the kit .Are there going to be any other things I need to get before I go does any one know who has been on the course ?

I have never been in this profession before after being in Fashion for 27 years so any help etc would really be appreciated.:)

Help just signed myself up for the Bio Sculpture course this month as a new profession I am 57 absolutely terrified:Scared: any good tips before I start out.

They have sent me the Starter Kit but also a letter saying what I need to take with me which includes extra Gel Brushes not included in the kit .Are there going to be any other things I need to get before I go does any one know who has been on the course ?

I have never been in this profession before after being in Fashion for 27 years so any help etc would really be appreciated.:)

Take your manicure tools otherwise they get you to buy theirs - theirs aren't a bad price but annoying if you already have them.

I wish I had put a dab of colour polish on my things as I found it was so tight for space that I was missing a couple of things that the other tech had mistaken for hers. Only small insignificant things but as people travel so far for these courses the likelihood is you wont get them back.

Also a container to keep your bits together, maybe a check list of your things too so you can check before leaving.

Aw don't panic Susie Blue. I did a course with Bio last year and had been using it mainly on family and friends since with good results. Recently having lost my job I've decided to set up as a mobile nail tech (have obviously added other courses and qualifications to my basic manicure and bio). The course had a real mix of people from qualified techs to newbies like me, they were understanding and patient. It takes time to get comfortable with basic manicure and then the gels - holding a file, picking up gel - all little things that, with practise will become second nature! My advise would be to see it as an investment not a way to make quick money. You will use up most of the gels in your starter kit practising and getting familiar with the application - this is the point! Keep an open mind and be patient and the sky is then the limit!! Good luck

Hi Susie Blue, I did the bio course at 56 and there was a mixture of people there. It's nice to know there is someone else like me making a complete career change. I am now going to take the sculpture course soon. I'm sure you will enjoy it once you get there.

I have never been in this profession before after being in Fashion for 27 years so any help etc would really be appreciated.:)[/QUOTE

Oh, get a good night sleep before hand & book out the evening as you will want to practice asap.

Enjoy, I did.x

Aw don't panic Susie Blue. I did a course with Bio last year and had been using it mainly on family and friends since with good results. Recently having lost my job I've decided to set up as a mobile nail tech (have obviously added other courses and qualifications to my basic manicure and bio). The course had a real mix of people from qualified techs to newbies like me, they were understanding and patient. It takes time to get comfortable with basic manicure and then the gels - holding a file, picking up gel - all little things that, with practise will become second nature! My advise would be to see it as an investment not a way to make quick money. You will use up most of the gels in your starter kit practising and getting familiar with the application - this is the point! Keep an open mind and be patient and the sky is then the limit!! Good luck
Thank you so much it really helps to be able to speak to people. I have had to finish my business because of the recession so what do you do next the thought of trying to get a job now ....so thats why I thought of this with the idea of going mobile I do have a room at home but with set up costs I thought mobile to start with would be the way to go.
Good luck to you to.

I have never been in this profession before after being in Fashion for 27 years so any help etc would really be appreciated.:)[/QUOTE

Oh, get a good night sleep before hand & book out the evening as you will want to practice asap.

Enjoy, I did.x
Thank you x

Take your manicure tools otherwise they get you to buy theirs - theirs aren't a bad price but annoying if you already have them.

I wish I had put a dab of colour polish on my things as I found it was so tight for space that I was missing a couple of things that the other tech had mistaken for hers. Only small insignificant things but as people travel so far for these courses the likelihood is you wont get them back.

Also a container to keep your bits together, maybe a check list of your things too so you can check before leaving.

Thanks for the advise I will put the dab of polish on my things. I have the starter kit which I have put everything in there pvc carrying bag did you unpack all the individual items ie files etc out of there original packing ?

you will love it, i done the course a couple of months age and it has turned my business around completly, its so good to find a system that is kind and gentle to your nails. i honestly cant give bio enough praise.... have fun, relax and enjoy xx

Hi Susie Blue, I did the bio course at 56 and there was a mixture of people there. It's nice to know there is someone else like me making a complete career change. I am now going to take the sculpture course soon. I'm sure you will enjoy it once you get there.

Thank you its daunting changing direction but nice to know other people are doing the same. I am also doing the Sculpture in September. I am looking forward to it its just I have been doing the same thing for so long its like going back to school!! No doubt I will be posting on here frequently for advise!
All the best.

you will love it, i done the course a couple of months age and it has turned my business around completly, its so good to find a system that is kind and gentle to your nails. i honestly cant give bio enough praise.... have fun, relax and enjoy xx

I have heard so much about it thats why I went for Bio rather than any of the others to start with thanks for your encouragment xx

Latest posts

Back