Help brassy roots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyuk

Reaction score
Hi peeps just need a bit of advice pleaseeeeee.

So the problem is I have done a clients hair today full head colour.
Base colour is a dark brown.

Previously she has had a full head bleach and has left her roots black.

I used a 12/1 plat blonde permanant colour by koleston wella, using 12%

The midlengths and ends have gone a really nice white blonde but her roots are brassy colour.

The problem was, was the midlength were starting to turn grey after 30 mins of developing so I washed the colour off which left the brassy roots.

I'm going back to this client tomorrow to correct this but what do I use ?
Will a 10/0 cover the root area or bleach with 6% ?

Please someone HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks in advance......

if its just because the roots were rinsed to early, reapply the colour to the brassy roots only and complete its development. . . or at least thats what i wud do. . .

hi ,
erm i would be seriously dubious about putting any sort of bleach on the scalp!
as you cannot really lift tint any more without it i would be tempted to use 12/11 ( more ashy) with 9% and that should litf some of it off.
what would you sa the roots were at? a 10 ?? just brassy?? and how big are they?? enough to blend it in with foils to correct it???
xxxxx

PS i defo wouldn't put 10/0 on as the base shades are very gold anyway so would add to to your problem
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi
as long as her scalp is ok just recolour the roots with a high lift ash tint with 12%.
I would recommend she has her roots done every 3 weeks to avoid banding problems in future and don't be tempted to comb the colour through. x

Y ou know the roots are never going to match the ends right? Im a base 7-8 and use 12-11 allover ,and even then its quite a golden blonde after 2 washes .
If she wants the colour to be softer and wants to grow the bleach out then reappling should be okaay to lift it up to a gold , but id probably scatter a few foils to be safe and to take away any line left from the colours meeting .

If she has a dark brown base she will always have a few brassy tones especially as the root re touch is due and the tone of the tint washes away
plus it will never lift up to the same degree as what bleach will lift it,

I have a dark brown base of around a 5/6 and I used to use 12/11 in wella high lift with 12% and that got rid of any brassy tones ,
but just do the root area only
and do not take this through the ends at all as it will go too ashen

as Liana says there will always be a marked difference between bleach lifting and tint lifting as its growing out ,
so a few highlights when she has enough tinted regrowth would be a good option

but if she wants to go back to bleach you could try this one especially made for global on the scalp its so gentle but lifts highly and quickly without the bleach itch or burn ,

heres the link :) http://www.salongeek.com/hair-geek/79278-proclere-oil-bleach.html?highlight=proclere

Hi all, sorry its taken me a while to reply.

Thanks for all your advice.
I redid her roots with the previous colour and processed as usual.
It turned out really nice, client was happy and so was I.

Thanks agin everyone xxx:)

Hi kelly , thank you for giving us some feed back , its always so nice to have some feedback :)
I am so glad it all went ok for you , :hug: x minky

i thought that would do the trick. . . glad it all worked out x

Latest posts

Back