Help, can I offer forms for extensions?

Princessintraining

Hello, so I have just completed my Nail Technician Professional - Gel Diploma level 2. I am awaiting my results however even though the course stated it covered extensions it only went over the application of tips. My question is will i be able to offer my clients extensions via forms? Or will i have to get certified in that separately? I have a friend that is established and certified gel nail technician with 11 years of practice behind her and she it going to mentor me but with forms. I did the diploma so that i would be certificated and insurable.

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
'Extensions' means to extend - currently you do that with a tip, with a form is just a different method so yes you can use forms. There is no change to the product you use to overlay (Gel or L&P whichever you use) so no difference.

Fitting a form is hard, creating the shape is much harder on a form and takes a lot of practise so be prepared for a backwards step in your final product. With a tip you have the perfect c-curve, angle, shape and angles (if you've applied the tip correctly of course) with a form there are a whole new set of challenges and one tiny wrong placement will knock the whole nail out of shape from the very beginning.

Princessintraining

Thank you very much! That is a relief to hear. I am planning on doing lots of practice before i even add nails to my list of treatments. Thanks again for replying to me x