Help... cant find a beauty/waxing course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a course for me? I would like to do Beauty therapy or at least waxing. I have tried the local colleges but they are fully booked with waiting lists :rolleyes:

I would prefer to do evenings over weeks rather than a short course, but at the moment i dont seem to have any choice whatsoever! Hairways do brazilian training but not basic waxing so thats no good. I know Ellisons do training but im not sure how far away they are?? I have been in Sallys and they dont have anything either. Brentwood academy are a bit pricey for me at nearly £500 just for the waxing (could do my NVQ 2 for that if i could get in)

I am in Essex and would prefer Basildon or surrounding area (Romford, Southend, Wickford etc) anyone got any ideas that i havent thought of?

thanks xx

Hi
Southend tech run a waxing course weekends I believe over 5 weeks, you need to contact either weekend college dept or service sector to get some info. The other option is a one day course that they run up a capital in dagenham.

Hope this helps

Lucia

hi ya there is also herts and essex acadamy , they are good , they are in stanstead, dunno if that is near you i think the website is
www.beautytraining.info
hth

thanks for that info, hadnt heard of the herts and essex acadamy, there is one in Dartford which is not far from me, dont suppose you have any details of prices that they charge for their courses? if not i can always ring them and ask, thanks very much x

I did call southend today about the 5 day weekender taster course but its fully booked...x

You would be better to wait than to book into a one day course. In theory the technique is easy to learn but as with everything it is when you come to practise it that it is suddenly not so easy. Incorrectly done you can cause damage, bruising, contra-indications may not be properly explained eg diabetes, not waxing over bruises. Beauty courses book quickly because so many people are going into the profession. Get the dates for decent length courses and book the day they become available. Sat and weekend courses are sold out usually in first day. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear but £55 spent on a day course will be £55 wasted if you then have pay say £150 for 5 weekends because you are unsure of yourself. I'm assuming that these are several hour sessions not one or two hour sessions.

You will need a wax pot and spatulas. Phd and roller not normally taught.

hi, last year i went to The Carlton Institute in Windsor and did a beauty diploma course and am now studying for my NVQ's The courses lasted a day, alot to take in but fun their head office is in Exmouth, 01395 279968, give them a call to get a recent price list and info. hope this helps xxx

Hi Sherrie, i did the Beauty Therapy the basics at the Southend weekend college, and was really impressed with it we did it from 9-12.30 for 5 weeks every saturday and i would recommend them x

Thanks for all the replies, I phoned Southend and they are fully booked for this term but will put me on the mailing list for when a date becomes available...... I see from the website that they also have kids clubs going on whilst you are in the course, thats handy!! lol x

Latest posts

Back