Help, client arriving at 5.00 and I don't know what to charge!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
Hi,

I've had a phone call from a lady today who is coming to my place at 5.00pm to have her extensions removed. I would normally charge 12.00 pounds to have a set (that I have done) removed but I have never been asked to remove another technicians work.

I asked her where they were done, and she has also tried to soak them off herself but they won't budge!!!! :rolleyes: Until I see the nails I have no way of knowing how long it might take. In these circumstances, should I charge by the hour or half hour? What would you peeps do in these circumstances.

Have only been mobile for 6 months so still feeling like the new girl :o Any help is appreciated.

First, I would would complete a client card for her highlighting your concerns and get her to sign. As far as costing is concerned, it would depend if she was getting a new set put on and what any future custom is likely to be. If she was not wanting them replaced, perhaps you could persuade her to have a luxury manicure so that it is a wee bit more worthwhile for you and of course beneficial to her. Sorry if my advice could be better but I am very new to all this.

Good luck!

Hi

Hope its not too late i would definatley charge by the hour and include an express manicure with a coat of toughen up or other strengthener so they look good when she leaves you.

Hello

You mentioned that the client has had trouble soaking them off herself and I think I read a post somewhere that indicated this as a possible sign of dodgy acrylic ie mma so just to warn you that if I remember rightly someone mentioned on a post that it is really hard to remove. :?: Good luck with it though!! :)

loo said:
Hello

You mentioned that the client has had trouble soaking them off herself and I think I read a post somewhere that indicated this as a possible sign of dodgy acrylic ie mma so just to warn you that if I remember rightly someone mentioned on a post that it is really hard to remove. :?: Good luck with it though!! :)
I agree with Lucy..its sounds very much like mma too me...!

Hi and thank you for your replies.

It wasn't MMA, just a poor lady who had a rebalance four weeks ago and the salon didn't reduce the original application so her nails resembled door stops!!! :p

I wished I'd read your post earlier Little Angel as I definately didn't make enough money. She was here 2 and a half hours!!!!!! :rolleyes: That was after filing three quarters o fthe product off and then soaking the remaining, does that sound like MMA!!! Anyway, having removed the product, carried out a manicure, used Creative Nail Strengthener and then finished off with Company Red, she was over the moon. I however, am not :rolleyes: the money I earned has now gone on a Chinese and a large bottle of wine :lol: you live and learn!!! Next Time they will be charged by the hour.

I'm off to get sloshed :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back