Help, client complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura16

Reaction score
Hi

Ive done 2 sets of nails this afternoon and the girls were happy with them, one rebooked for infills and I left.

Then I've just got a txt saying that she isn't happy now and wants a refund. She said she didnt like the polish on hers and her friends nail art came of in the bath (she had a bath just after I left so the polish was obviously not dry). She also said they were too long but she choose the length even though I usually do them shorter. I asked her why she hadn't mentioned it earlier so I could rectify it and she said she has only just plucked up the courage.

I don't know what to do. I don't think they should get a refund as the nails were good but I don't know if I have to give them one

Any advice please?

I would only offer to put right.....file the nails down...

I would ask them to come back to the salon.....I would never give a refund...

If it came to a re file & polish for unhappy clients I would probably be inclined to do it depending on client and situation.

Certainly no refunds x

Not much help but i usually find in these situations that by calling the client back and asking them to come and see you can go some way to making happy clients.

Never be a push over but a bad word spreads like wild fire....A good word may get a few more clients in....All depends on your situation xx

i would ask the client to come back so you can see exactly what she isnt happy with. say u will be happy to file shorter and change the colour of the polish, bit of a cheek if you ask me that she text you!! some people just try anything on to get money back. at the end of the day if they dont say when they are with you then that is their issue, but dont bend over backwards for them x

I was worried that she could take it further. I am mobile as well so I am a little bit scared of going to put it right. I text back and told her I had no previous complaints and wanted to take some advice but I wasn't going to offer her a refund as she was happy when I left and she should of told me then. But its really knocked my confidence and I'm getting upset about it which is stupid I know that. Thanks for the advice x

You will soon find out the blaggers......Keep it as nice as you can but stand your ground x

Is "I'm sorry that you are dissappointed, I am willing to re file them and polish them again for you but I can not offer a full refund as you were happy with them before I left" she is saying that because the polish wasnt dry before I left they couldn't tell if they liked them and the other girl waited an hr before having a bath so they should of been dry enough for that x

I would offer to shorten and repolish for free as good will (what you have said is good btw), but is he still wants a refund, make sure you soak the nails off first! If she's more than willing to have the nails taken off then you know for sure that she's unhappy with them and not a blagger.

I have offered to file and to polish them as a good will but she text back having another go saying she as asked a salon n that she wants a refund. But it all seems about the polish and the length so I don't see why I should offer anymore than that

Nope dont do it.......go & see her ....No more texting, i personally dont think its professional.....

Hi Laura ... Don let it get to you i know its hard when someonw complains but the point is she was happy when you left and you have done all you can to offer to put them right.... If you talke to her again offer 2 choices to have free of charge 1 ...file them shorter and paint them 2. remove them and make sure her nails are tidy...xx good lcuk let us now how it goes xxx

Oooh i love Hannahs idea! You could say im really really sorry your not happy with them and because i value your custom I will soak them off for you and give you a refund that way she doesn't get the wear of the nails (unless they'd been for a special occasion that has passed)

As far as going in the bath after having your nails painted it's a no no!
I remember when i worked at a spa and women would have their nails painted in the morning with jessica polishes and in the afternoon would go for a swim and they still ruined them after 5 hours and more

This happened to me a few years ago. The lady was so rude I gave in and gave her a refund to get rid of her. My advice would be to speak to consumer direct, about her and your rights. x

Oooh i love Hannahs idea! You could say im really really sorry your not happy with them and because i value your custom I will soak them off for you and give you a refund that way she doesn't get the wear of the nails (unless they'd been for a special occasion that has passed)

I would never refund......If the client leaves happpy, thats good enough, if you refund & soak off you are telling her that the nails were no good.

Do you think they were acceptable??? If so why would you refund??

Hi

Ive done 2 sets of nails this afternoon and the girls were happy with them, one rebooked for infills and I left.

Then I've just got a txt saying that she isn't happy now and wants a refund. She said she didnt like the polish on hers and her friends nail art came of in the bath (she had a bath just after I left so the polish was obviously not dry). She also said they were too long but she choose the length even though I usually do them shorter. I asked her why she hadn't mentioned it earlier so I could rectify it and she said she has only just plucked up the courage.

Any advice please?

I agree with Champagne. You need to take a professional stand here. The simple fact is that these 2 girls were happy before you left. The one even rebooked. If the one girl was unable to 'pluck up courage' to tell you she was unhappy....is not your problem.

The most I would offer to do is redo, but only if the polish has not been removed. This will allow you to assess the problems for yourself prior to correcting them. If the girls have removed the polish then no redo IMO.

Also, stop texting. It is very impersonal and not professional in a situation like this.

I'm not a nail technician but I've been wearing nail enhancements for many years, getting them infilled every 3 weeks or so. I would NEVER have a bath an hour after having them done, it's just common sense.

On the odd occasion my nails have been left longer than I'd normally choose, or the shape might not be to my usual taste. Would I phone up and request a refund? Of course not!!!

If after a few hours the nails were really unacceptable to me I'd call the technician (but in a grovellingly apologetic way) and ask if there's any way the nails could be cut/filed. Being a regular I might expect she'd do it for free (on, like, one occasion maybe) but it's a bit of a joke that your clients have requested a refund!

It really doesn't seem to me that you'd have a legal obligation to give a refund as you clearly carried out your part of the contract, but what you must decide is whether you're willing to lose these clients if your offer of a file/polish isn't acceptable to them. On the other hand, is this situation what you can expect each and every time from these clients?

Whatever you do, you must appear confident and completely comfortable when speaking to your clients, using words such as ".. I'm unable to offer you a refund, but what I'm prepared to do for you on this occasion is .....". All nice and smiley so they couldn't possibly badmouth you to a single soul.

Good luck xx

Did you get these clients from the Sheffield Forum? If so you left yourself wide open Laura. Sorry if that seems harsh but you know what people on there are like. I did read some bad feedback.

I did but she accepted that I wouldn't give her a refund but would redo them and she just stopped contacting me.

whats the sheffeild forum?

I had a problem client like this a few months ago. i have been doing nails for over 7 years and am very sucessful with a large client base, in other words i am confident in what i do.

So when this prticular person came in and had a lovely set of nails when she left, then rang up a few days later asking for a refund because she was not happy. I told her i would be happy to soak them off for her free of charge, but no way was i going to offer her a refund, i told her she commissioned me to do a piece of work, which i consider my art work. I made the nails beautiful to my eye as i know how they should look.

i waffled on in a slightly mad way for a little longer about how proud i am of my work etc. she soon agreed to come in for a file and polish. And i promised not to charge her extra for that..

Latest posts

Back