Help client trying to say i damaged hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicki laws

Reaction score
I'm really at my ends with this one and dint know what to do so any help and advice would be much appreciated I did a clients hair 11 weeks ago lifted from black to a nice mushroom brown the client was wanting to go silver but I did advise this would take lots of sittings as it was years of black box dye today I received a message with pictures attached saying all her hair had snapped off and she had been to 2 other hair salons and they said her hair was over processed I messaged back in total shock as it was a mess loads shorter with short snapped bits her hair was long and in nice Condition when she left me I asked her when did she notice the damage she said the next day and she has spent 100 on hair care products and visited 2 other salons I then asked her why she didn't contact me immediately if she noticed damage as I would ha e been able to check her hair and offer treatment if needed she didn't reply but reacted with a laughing face I'm very hurt by this and I don't know what to do or if she can try and claim from me I will attach the photo of her hair when she left and one she sent today her hair was a bit dry on ends but for it to get like this I'm honestly baffled she did say she had 6 inch cut off off another salon I'm really upset buy this any help or advice would be appreciated thankyou

Attachments

• Picsart_22-02-03_22-24-17-064.jpg
    Picsart_22-02-03_22-24-17-064.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 119
  • Picsart_22-02-03_22-25-43-111.jpg
    Picsart_22-02-03_22-25-43-111.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Picsart_22-02-03_22-27-01-093.jpg
    Picsart_22-02-03_22-27-01-093.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 111
That photo of her hair now, doesn't look cared for with a £100 worth of products, neither does it look brushed to me!
Contacting you after 11 weeks to complain after visiting 2 other hair salons inbetween is pathetic!
What does she think you can do now, that you couldn't have done 10 weeks ago?

Firstly I would say take emotions out of this, ultimately this is business and she is a customer.

I would say to her that as she has not contacted you in a reasonable time frame and since had her hair done at other Salons you are unable to further help as you were not given the opportunity to assess the hair at the time.

To bring a claim she would need evidence which is not helped with the time delay + already cutting her hair in another salon. Would also usually need evidence from a trichogist.

I wouldn't worry.

This is not legal advice.

Please note I am not a hairdresser but to me it has clearly been lifted again after you originally lifted her hair. It could be that as you did not meet her requirements, and explained the reason you would not lift it further, she either bleached it herself or another stylist did. If she contacts you again explain your suspicions and the reasons why, do it in a professional manner and word your response well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back