Help. Clients nails burn after acrylic application. why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BelindaV

Reaction score
I am currently doing acrylic nails on a client with thin nail beds. She feels burning sensation about 1 min after acrylic application. I'm stil new to doing acrylic and have not worked on someone who has such thin nails. I do not over file and am suprised that the primer doesnt burn too.

Can anyone suggest what may be happening and what I can do to stop this from reoccouring. Is it possible to apply a fabric/fiberglass wrap to the natural nail and then the acrylic over the top?

any feedback much appreciated!

Like uv-gel the l&p heats when hardening, it's something to do with the chemical progress, but with the l&p it's less likely that the clients feel it.

There are a few things that can increase the heating: if you are building a very thick layer and if you are working to wet (maybe more but cannot recall on the top of my head)

I know I have read here that you can put a layer of wrap first, but just remember this weakens the bond to the natural nail as the l&p creates a much stronger bond.

You do not go into why she has thin nails but you also need to take this into account!

Is it because she has a medical condition? or is it because her nails have previously been over filed etc before she came to you? Therefore, I would have thought that the heat reaction from the L&P being too thick or too wet would have more of an impact!

Best of luck with your client - hope you manage to sort it out xx

Hi,

I've had this problem before but the other way round the first time i had my nails done and it burnt the nail tech put solar oil on and i was fine but i don't know what the cause was.
Posted via Mobile Device

its an exothermic reaction, the l/p gives of heat as a by product of the curing process. it is not really burning but the product can get noticebly warm.

it does it everytime on every client, but someone with a very thin nail will feel it whereas someone else may not notice it at all.

if the mix ratio is too wet it will be a lot more noticeable and it is more often noticed on thumb nails where more product needs to be applied because it is larger.

some people [me for example] unfortunately have very thin natural nails even if they are not damaged. so will be more likely to notice this effect.

i would recommend you are extra carefull when removing the shine from the natural nail with a file and keep to a dryish mix ratio also using smaller beads of product to complete the nail can prevent the heat.

Latest posts

Back