Help, CND Creative Play coming off after 3 days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaVanda

Reaction score
Hello,
In the last month we have an issue with clients complaining that their Shellac (CND Creative Play) comes off in one piece on some nails just after 3 days. First they notice little bumps on their nails, this goes away in a day and then the next day you can peel off the Shellac in one piece from the nail. We tried using different base, and still the same thing happens. Using the same technique there are other clients that do not have t his problem. So we are really confused why is it that certain clients are experiencing this issue while others are not. What could be the reason?

Are you using the full CND system including lamp?

It is the same clients repeatedly or just one? Same fingers repeatedly or different fingers? New client or existing having had the system before? Have you been in lockdown for several months? is it possible the polishes are just out of date/have you rolled them sufficiently to remix the ingredients?

Hi Trinity,
Thank you for your reply.
1. We are not using the CND lamp
2. Same clients, there are a few of them
3. Mostly the same 3 fingers
4. We have not been in lockdown since may in my town
5. The polishes have been in use, less than in non Covid time sincecthere is less businss.

Hmm - all sorts of potential problems

If you're using CND you really need the correctly matched lamp, then and only then can you be sure if cured correctly and therefore not an issue your end. Without that solid basis your client can always throw the issues back to you costing you time and monety in repairs. Using the complete system guarantees no product breakdown.

If its the same clients repeatedly but others are fine, its something those clients do, however, if its becoming more and more clients see above.

Same 3 fingers implies it's something the client does with those fingers, unless it's improper cure in which case it's not their fault.

Last edited:
When you say little bumps, it sounds to me the product is under cured, however if it is only a couple of clients out of many then maybe not. Are they all having the same colour? Are they the exact same fingers on each client ? Can you be sure this is exactly what’s happening (maybe ask them to take a pic when this is happening so you can see) are they pickers?

lifestyle?Are they having treatment on natural or enhancements ? Are the nail shape and length all different? Just a few things to think of as the above poster has mentioned also.

hope you get to the root of this, keep us updated 👍

Bubbling and peeling are sure signs of a problem with curing, so it is my guess that your lamp isn't curing properly or consistently. Using the proper CND lamp should fix that. As for the three fingers, I suspect that it is also a curing problem. Clients often "clench" the base of the lamp while curing, and the lamp does not properly cure usually the three middle fingers. Again, using the CND lamp would help since it tends to guide the fingers into the proper placement.

Lots of folk are having issues with hand sanitiser, so it could be this, but I'm leaning towards the lamp. I suspect the kind of lamp is not curing properly and possibly the hand isn't sitting properly in it, which is why some fingers are worse than others. Also make sure you carefully prep and thoroughly dehydrate the nails with scrubfresh before application.

CND Creative Play is the strongest gel polish you can get. So when I read that they came off after 3 days, I know something is not right.

All CND products must be used as a system. Only the CND lamp can cure CND gel products. And only the CND creative play base and top coat will work with each other.

I have one advice.

Take one of a couple of days to do a very thorough cleaning of your house. Declutter your home. Sweep. Mop. Simplify. And then do a thorough cleaning of yourself and clothes.

What this will do, is it will calm your mind. Once you achieve this, it will help you to think clearly and soak in new information better.

A worrisome mind inhibits one from bringing their A game. So its important to address this before all else.

Edit:

lol I know it sounds silly that im telling you to clean your house, but it does work. Trust me.

Last edited:
First they notice little bumps on their nails
Wondering if those are air bubbles. Too vigorous shaking of the product. Personally, I prefer to stir not shake. A thin metal stirrer will bring the pigment up from the bottom and mix better than shaking.

Thank you for all you great advice, I have solved the problem but there is a mystery that still remains.

1. I purchased the CND lamp, used the whole system on the same client and it has been 4 days now, she said all the nails look perfect (they would start coming off at this point with the old system).

2. While I was waiting for the lamp to arrive, I did some testing with my staff. This is the mystery that still remains: I did the exact same procedure on two of my staff (CND base, color, top coat using a non CND lamp) and their nails were perfect (10 days now). So same procedure, same materials, different outcomes on different people?

3.Conclusion: I will use the CND lamp when using the CND polish to avoid any possible problems.

4. Question: I have a few other gel polish brands that do not have a dedicated lamp in their program. Do you think the CND lamp will work to cure those brands or is the CND lamp intended exclusively for the CND protocol?

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts🙏🏻

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/u...-just-won’t-do-updated-september-2019.323988/
Please read the linked thread to understand more about how Gel Polish is properly cured.

The general rule of thumb on gel brands that don’t require a dedicated lamp is that they’re far more likely to cause lifelong allergies because people wrongly believe that if it feels hard to touch, it must be cured. It’s particularly dangerous to inhale the dust from uncured gel.

Thank you for all you great advice, I have solved the problem but there is a mystery that still remains.

1. I purchased the CND lamp, used the whole system on the same client and it has been 4 days now, she said all the nails look perfect (they would start coming off at this point with the old system).

2. While I was waiting for the lamp to arrive, I did some testing with my staff. This is the mystery that still remains: I did the exact same procedure on two of my staff (CND base, color, top coat using a non CND lamp) and their nails were perfect (10 days now). So same procedure, same materials, different outcomes on different people?

3.Conclusion: I will use the CND lamp when using the CND polish to avoid any possible problems.

4. Question: I have a few other gel polish brands that do not have a dedicated lamp in their program. Do you think the CND lamp will work to cure those brands or is the CND lamp intended exclusively for the CND protocol?

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts🙏🏻

The CND lamp will "cure" other products, meaning it will make them become hard, buts its not fully cured. This is what most salons are doing - they are undercuring or overcuring their gels. Those two things leads to alot of problems.

Its best to avoid those other brands because they will give you a lot of problems such as lifting, hard to remove, burning, bubbling, allergies.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back