HELP CND Heating up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trini

Reaction score
Good day fellow geeks I need your help with a problem
My clients have been complaining of a burning when I touch the nail i can feel the heat from the nail this is after I apply L&P. It has happened to the last 3 clients I had. One i must say had damage from another salon. The powder is about 6 months old and the Retention liquid is 2 months. All products are cnd. It has been unusually hot these past few weeks could this be the reason.

Tricia:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey there!

I've had the same probs with a few of my clients but just on their thumbs? any ideas to what this may be caused by would be great! Thanks x

When the weather is hot, the product cures quicker as there is faster evaporation - this can cause a slight heat sensation, particularly on clients with weaker, more sensitive nails. It should never be unbearably hot.

Try as much as possible to keep things cool.

I thought the weather might be the culprit there goes my electricity bill now I'll have to run the AC unit.
Thanks a lot for your replay:green: :green: :green:

try a few drops of solaroil and it should take the heat out..:hug:

Sometimes if the product is applied too thick as well you can get heat spike.

''quote'' It is NOT a heat spike and that terminology is incorrect where liquid and powder is concerned. ''unquote''

ooops sorry, must pay attention more.

Thanks guys I'll try the solar oil , and the product isn't thick if any thing it might be too thin ha ha hah
I get clients because they see my work on others and like how thin and natural they are. Other nail techs here do nails so thick and false looking.:green: :green: :green: :green:

Any liquid and powder will produce heat if the product is applied to thickly or too wet or the polymerization is accelerated by some means such as heat.

All liquids and powders are exothermic (give off heat), but normally it is not noticed. It is NOT a heat spike and that terminology is incorrect where liquid and powder is concerned. The warm sensation should not ever be more than mildly noticed.

Why thumbs should feel it more? Because you apply more product here and usually thicker as well.

thx alot for all your help guys - my clients have never complained just said it was slightly warmer. will see if any of your tips work! thanks again xxx

Thanks for the replays all.
I think its the heat that is causeing it
It's HOT as HELL here, pardon the expression usully it doesn't heat up
to unbearable until August that's when we say the Devil is on Vaction here
so the tempurture has to suite him, but it's been hot hot hot here.

Tricia

Latest posts

Back