Help, CND Shellac coming off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poshpolish

Reaction score
Please help! This happened two days after application! Why?!

I followed everything I normally do, did cuticle away, filed and buffed. I applied the dehydrator, base coat, 3x colour like normal and top coat. Took off tacky layer, oil. Any ideas?

I went to a salon at the weekend for gel and all they done was file and applied base, colour and top coat and mine are still on fine yet I done the ladies in the photo and took over an hour and this happened :(

Attachments

• IMG_6362.JPG
    IMG_6362.JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 205
Looks to me like its touching the skin on the side wall of the left finger, if its touching skin it will not adhere properly and peel

Was the nail that short to start with or has it snapped down? Also did you deactivate the cuticle away with water before using scrub fresh?

Why are you buffing?

Hope this doesn't come across as rude but did you train in CND shellac? I know you don't have to but they don't buff the nails.

What dehydrator did you use? Was it scrub fresh?

I agree that maybe you didn't deactivate the cuticle away.

The nail is very short. If it broke that could have torn the polish. Or polish may have been on the skin.

Do you always do 3 coats of colour? You should only need 2 with most colours. How long do you cure them for?

I followed everything I normally do, did cuticle away, filed and buffed. I applied the dehydrator, base coat, 3x colour like normal and top coat. Took off tacky layer, oil. Any ideas?

I went to a salon at the weekend for gel and all they done was file and applied base, colour and top coat and mine are still on fine yet I done the ladies in the photo and took over an hour and this happened :(

It looks like you didn't cap the edge of the nail.
As above, you do NOT file or buff the nail plate when doing a CND Shellac™ manicure or use a dehydrator. I would highly recommend, that you maybe book onto a Shellac™ course which will cover all the correct procedure. Plus you can trouble shoot any problems like these.x

Polish is touching the sidewalls & it also looks like cuticle work wasn't very thorough.

You don't need to be buffing the nails either, this isn't recommended by CND for proper shellac application.

Latest posts

Back