Help, colour keeps fading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celene

Reaction score
my client had bleached highlights and hair is fine,she wanted a 4.62 dark red,I precoloured then applied the 4.62,had to do it three times on the day and have had to redo it the last two weekends !Its is fading to a pink/light purple on the parts that were highlighted,any suggestions folks?

my client had bleached highlights and hair is fine,she wanted a 4.62 dark red,I precoloured then applied the 4.62,had to do it three times on the day and have had to redo it the last two weekends !Its is fading to a pink/light purple on the parts that were highlighted,any suggestions folks?

Sounds to me like the hair is too damaged. Am I right? If so there isn't much u can do other than use a semi, they usually last the longest but they still do fade!!
Offer some good home care products

hi thanks yes her hair is fine and has ben bleached for years!just hope she doesnt want to blonde again or we have a bigger problem!

hi thanks yes her hair is fine and has ben bleached for years!just hope she doesnt want to blonde again or we have a bigger problem!

If so invest in some blondi Rae it's fab

Start with a pre perm Solution to even out porosity, apply the 4.6 (I can't remember the number u wanted so please excuse me) with some extra base Using 3%, when u rinse apply a conditioner after its rinsed not shampoo, leave for a few mins, then shampoo ad condition as normal, retail or reccomend a red toner shampoo, a deep conditioner and possibly even a red mousse for use once a week, will hold off the need for re tinting and keep chemical damage to a minimum.

Latest posts

Back