Help-colour question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MariahLee

Reaction score
I had a salon appointment on Monday. The stylist used effasol to remove color and then she bleached it . She put in some treatments and told me to use the Opalex 3 and the Roux Keratin leave in she had sold me when when I went in for a consultation. The last 2-3 inches feel really sticky and gummy. I called her and all she said was not to wash it for 3 days and let it be until I go back in 30 days to get another bleaching. Does that sound right ? Is it the damage from effasol and bleach or is it the Keratin and opalex 3 ?

That sounds like seriously damaged hair. If you take a small piece in between your fingers and stretch it, I’m guessing it will snap and break. However, I think you should go to another hairdresser for a second opinion as obviously, I can’t see or touch it through the keyboard.

Effasol and bleach are very similar products so she may have over-processed it.

Olaplex can’t cause any damage, so it’s definitely not that.

Yes it will definitely snap and break. I will take your advice and go to another salon today. Thank you so much .

They recommend aphogee protein and moisturizing treatment. I got one 3 days ago with a trim. . Then they said I can do a stand alone olaplex treatment next week .
Some of my hair feels dry and some feels limp like noodles.
Is there a leave in that I can use that had moisturing and protien balance?

They recommend aphogee protein and moisturizing treatment. I got one 3 days ago with a trim. . Then they said I can do a stand alone olaplex treatment next week .
Some of my hair feels dry and some feels limp like noodles.
Is there a leave in that I can use that had moisturing and protien balance?

Have you had the damage cut out or are there some fragile bits of hair left? Olaplex will help to repair internal damage but if the hair is too damaged with missing cuticle scales, it can’t perform miracles, sadly.
Any conditioning mask will help it feel smoother but don’t sleep with damp hair otherwise, it will snap off.
Wet hair stretches and if damaged, it just breaks.

I’d be inclined to return to the original salon and complain but they’ll likely fob you off as you’ve had a treatment done elsewhere. However, telling you to return in 30 days for a second bleach session implies to me that they knew they’d caused serious damage. Normal healthy hair could have been re-bleached a day or two later without any issues.

Latest posts

Back