Help creating grey tone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy2306

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Tonight was my second attempt on creating my clients hair this silver/grey tone. She is normally scalp bleach so I did roots as normal. First time i toned I used wella illumina 9/1. Came out lovely. But not dark enough, left on almost 20mins and showed no sign of going any darker. This time I used ct 7/89 as I have seen on here suggested. Again. Still isn't grabbing and going that dark silver/grey my client wants. Any suggestions?

I normally apply it to dry hair of it doesn't grab, what about adding some special mix with the ct? X

Lucy what level are you putting your mix on? I find you need to have a level 9 to 10 for it to work. Also 10/88 in innocence is also lovely as a silver.

Hi guys.
Tonight was my second attempt on creating my clients hair this silver/grey tone. She is normally scalp bleach so I did roots as normal. First time i toned I used wella illumina 9/1. Came out lovely. But not dark enough, left on almost 20mins and showed no sign of going any darker. This time I used ct 7/89 as I have seen on here suggested. Again. Still isn't grabbing and going that dark silver/grey my client wants. Any suggestions?
Have you tried using 9/1 +7/81 Illumina equal parts? , or 8/81 ct? Add the tiniest spot of 2/0 to it?

I used 10/69 illumina with some koleston /81 special mix 2cm
And came out a beautiful steel grey.
I No know not suppose mix them but thought what the heck..

I used 10/69 illumina with some koleston /81 special mix 2cm
And came out a beautiful steel grey.
I No know not suppose mix them but thought what the heck..

As long as you know what you're doing and know how to rectify a problem then why not break the rules!

On my sister i use 7/81 and 9/60 with about 5ml 0/81 and a dot of 0/28... Without the special mix there's no way it'd be cool!

7/89 in colour touch is grey for a true grey tone or 8/81 for a silvery Look x

Latest posts

Back