Help doing border nails with Shellac!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesslala

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I need some help! Any idea how I'd go about doing these nails attached?

I googled a little bit and came up with this post:
Manicure Mondays – Outline Border Nails | Fab Fatale
which was very helpful!

Except Im stuck on what to do as the glitter layer first? Or should I just use a striping brush and practice lots? But even then which shellac polish could I use? I have loaaaads of glitters but not many polishes. OR could i use a none shellac polish just as the border and seal with topcoat etc? Ive seen people using things like acrylic paint in nail art before.

Any advice would be appreciated at this point!!

Attachments

• 1497690_10153563716770648_368330442_n.jpg
    1497690_10153563716770648_368330442_n.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 457
I would either a) do a Shellac Rockstar nail, then paint the chosen Shellac color on top, and use a dry brush to sweep away the colour around the perimeter of the nail before curing, then topcoat

Or b) Shellac as usual with the chosen colour, then make a glitter paste with Shellac topcoat and your glitter on a piece of foil, and use an art brush to paint the outline, then topcoat

I think Id prefer to do option a, but would that not be too many layers? Base, 2x colour, 2xtop, 2 more colour and then 1x top coat!

Thanks for your reply!! xx

If you look closely it looks like the gold rim was done first, not all over the nail but as a rim and the nude colour after, I would say these are a coloured gel nail rather than a shellac design.. Just my opinion tho.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've done this before using Fee's option b with either topcoat or brisa lite smoothing and a striper brush x

I think Id prefer to do option a, but would that not be too many layers? Base, 2x colour, 2xtop, 2 more colour and then 1x top coat!

Thanks for your reply!! xx

Not if you did base, 1 colour coat, glitter, layer of clearly pink, zillionaire, mother of pearl, silver VIP or gold VIP to seal the glitter in, then 2 colour coats finishing with top coat.

Latest posts

Back