Help! Eco Gel with nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valesnails

Reaction score
Been reading lots of threats on nail art. I use Eco soak off gel with the universal top coat recommended. These are brilliant and last my clients up to 5weeks! (With horrendous growth :biggrin:)

I did these wonderful gold glitter nails last night with acrylic paint black dots but this morning they have started to come off already!

Could someone help....

Last night I did the normal prep and gel then did a top coat, cured, added the acrylic spots then top coatx2 curing in between.

Does anyone else use acrylic paint for nail art? If not then what do you use please? I don't want unhappy customers... This lady is back tomorrow so I can re-do the spots so any advice would be greatly received :)

Thank in advance geeks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 162
Check her nails and see if the areas with the dots are chipped. It could be the dots weren't dry enough when you topcoat. With Eco, I had that happen but I found wiping off the tacky layer, lightly buffing, designing with acrylic paint, then topcoat x2 lasts better then just painting straight on the tacky layer.

Thanks so much for replying... Thought this might have been the case!

Do you use a lot of Eco? Just wondering if you mix/layer colours to creat new ones? The pots always look a diff colour to the colours inside! Do you know which would be the best for a really rich red?? I have two or three but they seem to be more of a rich pink!

Haha I used to use it, and the issues you're having was some of the reasons I stopped. You have to always stir the color before use because all the pigments settle to the bottom, and even then it still looks different than the color shown on the pot. I was also having issues with the coverage of their darker colors.I found the cure time to be a bit too long for me (up to 4 minutes with dark colors with a 36w uv lamp- this was before i got an LED lamp). To my knowledge, all the reds have either a pink or purple tone to them. I ended up using mica powders over the tacky layer to get the shades I want but there are some clients who aren't keen on shimmers and sparkles. I do agree the wear on it is nice, but I get the same results with orly gelFX.

Sorry, I wrote an essay lol. Eco was nice but it wasn't the range for me.

Thank you! Did what you suggested so will trial them and see how it goes!
May I ask... Is this how you used to do your nail art? Using acrylic paint or did you do it with the gel? Just figuring out what's the best thing to do :)

I used acrylic paint for little flicks and dots. I also have an array of studs, glitters, sparkly bits, and mica powder for everything else. Sometimes I use another Eco color for dots or marbling. Certain colors don't work too well because they're not dark enough. :lol:

Great thanks, that's what I use just didn't want to be missing out on anything :)

I don't use the mica powders though, what are they? How do they work and how are they applied? Thank you x

Latest posts

Back