Help! Extension disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JayWilson, where can I learn about silicon mix, is that the brand name, will I get the thing that you are talking about if I just google it please?

have you spoken to your supplier about it? If youve always used same products (good or bad ) and never had a problem surely it might just be a bad batch of hair? just be careful and gentle when brushing using a nice soft brush, have you had the hair styled and is it still knotty? x

have you spoken to your supplier about it? If youve always used same products (good or bad ) and never had a problem surely it might just be a bad batch of hair? just be careful and gentle when brushing using a nice soft brush, have you had the hair styled and is it still knotty? x

I've spoken to them and they agreed to take it back and have it tested. I hope it does prove to be non remy hair and I'll get a refund as I only had it in for 2 weeks before that started happening and had been washed 4 times max in that 2 weeks x

Looks like the hair was covered in silicone.

I'm going to put this on this thread save starting another extension thread, I'm curious how many of you fit a full head with no gaps at all?

I've been browsing fb pages and saw a lot of the bond area pics had no gaps, I've only done this once in my whole time fitting & it was simply because I stupidly bought 0.5 instead of 0.8 so it looked too thin :/ I washed & blowdried this clients hair every time it was washed for the whole 6 months and every time I'd think how odd it seemed compared to all my other extension clients! She said it felt fine on her head tho

when I had my own set in I had lots of gaps and they looked fine so I wondered if this is a common thing to not leave gaps?

I'm going to put this on this thread save starting another extension thread, I'm curious how many of you fit a full head with no gaps at all?

I've been browsing fb pages and saw a lot of the bond area pics had no gaps, I've only done this once in my whole time fitting & it was simply because I stupidly bought 0.5 instead of 0.8 so it looked too thin :/ I washed & blowdried this clients hair every time it was washed for the whole 6 months and every time I'd think how odd it seemed compared to all my other extension clients! She said it felt fine on her head tho

when I had my own set in I had lots of gaps and they looked fine so I wondered if this is a common thing to not leave gaps?

99% of the time I don't leave gaps! I do micro rings though.. Sometimes I struggle to fit 160 and that's with no gaps! But I do feel like lately I've just had loads of client with small heads because the first ever 2/3 full heads I did I use 170/190 strands and still had gaps.. What supplier do you use btw?

99% of the time I don't leave gaps! I do micro rings though.. Sometimes I struggle to fit 160 and that's with no gaps! But I do feel like lately I've just had loads of client with small heads because the first ever 2/3 full heads I did I use 170/190 strands and still had gaps.. What supplier do you use btw?
I use transform, I felt like I struggled to fit 150 this week on a small head lady too it crossed my mind after to maybe not leave gaps, how do you find it differs with aftercare? Or dosent it? My no gap lady I did recently had no abnormal issues but that's just 1 client I can't base experience off that lol

I also don't leave any gaps when applying full head. I will fit on average 140 to 180 bonds for a whole head.
I only leave gaps when applying half head.

I also don't leave any gaps when applying full head. I will fit on average 140 to 180 bonds for a whole head.
I only leave gaps when applying half head.
So would you fit rows with them right next to each other the whole way up or would you space them a little as you got to the top row? I do pack in the 1'st couple of rows normally but by about row 4 I start leaving a gap between bonds

I fit them right next to each other the whole way up as most of my clients have thick hair.

Hi, you can see here on this instance the hair has been coloured and tinted to achieve the desired look the customer had wanted, this was a shade 16 cool blonde weft now silver/grey which is a colour we don't offer in a weft, we state in our aftercare and returns (like all hair suppliers) if the hair has been coloured tinted or chemically damaged any hair that comes back to us must come back to us as the original colour, this is stated in the terms and conditions of sale and any colouring to a weft is at the own risk to the customer.

Hi guys can I jump on the bandwagon please? My client seems to be having the same issue, with the same supplier.
I'm going to olaplex it on Friday just to make sure it's not a aftercare issue. But what if it's a manufacturing issue that they deny? I paid £200 for the hair and I'm worried I'll have to replace it, I only started renting a chair this week?!

Where can this be purchased? X
I got it from Amazon. Used it once, left it on for about 20 minutes, it did make my hair feel soft, the smell is a little over powering. x

I got it from Amazon. Used it once, left it on for about 20 minutes, it did make my hair feel soft, the smell is a little over powering. x

What does it smell like?

What does it smell like?
rose! very strong smell. I left it on for 20 minutes. then washed the hair with cold water as it wasn't on my roots. so i didnt really feel the cold.

rose! very strong smell. I left it on for 20 minutes. then washed the hair with cold water as it wasn't on my roots. so i didnt really feel the cold.

Oo i love the smell of roses!

Hi guys can I jump on the bandwagon please? My client seems to be having the same issue, with the same supplier.
I'm going to olaplex it on Friday just to make sure it's not a aftercare issue. But what if it's a manufacturing issue that they deny? I paid £200 for the hair and I'm worried I'll have to replace it, I only started renting a chair this week?!

Have you spoken to the supplier? I sent the hair back for testing and still waiting on a response. I'll let you know how I get on x

Yeah please do, was this your hair? I'm not sure what to say to my client? X

Yeah please do, was this your hair? I'm not sure what to say to my client? X

Yeah this was mine, it was so bad. I would brush it and 5 mins later it was all matted and I had barely moved my head.

I'm not sure what you're best doing. Maybe contact the supplier and go from there? They're pretty fast at responding x

Yeah this was mine, it was so bad. I would brush it and 5 mins later it was all matted and I had barely moved my head.

I'm not sure what you're best doing. Maybe contact the supplier and go from there? They're pretty fast at responding x

I think Fabulong have responded to you above x

Latest posts

Back