Help! Extension disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElleBelleExtensions

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Looking for some advice for a similar issue.

I've always used Aussie on my extensions and never had a problem. I go between that and Pureology. However my hair this time was from Fabulong and after 3 weeks it's started going bushy constantly, I'm finding myself brushing it every 15mins (no joke) to try and take it I've bought Joico clarifying shampoo and conditioner as recommended by the supplier and the problem doesn't seem to have been resolved.

I know I shouldn't have used Aussie but I haven't ever had a problem with it before.

Can anyone advise on how I can get the hair nice and smooth again?

I shampooed and conditioned again this morning but it's still feeling like dolls hair

Please can someone help

You need an olaplex treatment on them!

Where can I get that? X

Use an oil to blowdry into them, olaplex is a salon product you get it done in the salon if you find a salon that does it ask for a standalone treatment, Moroccan oil blowdried in will sort the frizz out but speak to your supplier because it may be a bad batch of hair

View attachment 194297 View attachment 194296 Looking for some advice for a similar issue.

I've always used Aussie on my extensions and never had a problem. I go between that and Pureology. However my hair this time was from Fabulong and after 3 weeks it's started going bushy constantly, I'm finding myself brushing it every 15mins (no joke) to try and take it I've bought Joico clarifying shampoo and conditioner as recommended by the supplier and the problem doesn't seem to have been resolved.

I know I shouldn't have used Aussie but I haven't ever had a problem with it before.

Can anyone advise on how I can get the hair nice and smooth again?

I shampooed and conditioned again this morning but it's still feeling like dolls hair

Please can someone help
I have this same issue with my extensions one day after they are washed. For the rest of the time they are fine, it's always just for one day after x

Use an oil to blowdry into them, olaplex is a salon product you get it done in the salon if you find a salon that does it ask for a standalone treatment, Moroccan oil blowdried in will sort the frizz out but speak to your supplier because it may be a bad batch of hair

I've tried everything, nothing seems to be working. Would they not go like this after the first wash if it was a bad batch?x

You really should be using a shampoo specifically for hair extensions. I know many years ago there was a load of people using Aussie ( including myself ) but I found about 5 years ago I was experiencing the same ! I would recommend using raccoon extend range specifically for hair extensions their products are second to none and keep your hair extensions amazing I wouldn't trust using anything else on hair extensions these days..,, xx

You really should be using a shampoo specifically for hair extensions. I know many years ago there was a load of people using Aussie ( including myself ) but I found about 5 years ago I was experiencing the same ! I would recommend using raccoon extend range specifically for hair extensions their products are second to none and keep your hair extensions amazing I wouldn't trust using anything else on hair extensions these days..,, xx
I've bought the one the supplier recommended and it didn't help either.

They have asked me to send the hair back to get tested xx

have a look at silicon mix, its amazing stuff for hair extensions x

This doesn't look like a problem caused by which brand of shampoo. It looks to me like the hair has been mixed when being handled at the manufacturers. Basically the roots and ends have been mixed so the cuticles aren't all lying in one direction hence the back combed effect. The more you brush the more it will happen. Try a cuticle sealer this should help smooth the hair and stop the bushy look. Joico do one x

This doesn't look like a problem caused by which brand of shampoo. It looks to me like the hair has been mixed when being handled at the manufacturers. Basically the roots and ends have been mixed so the cuticles aren't all lying in one direction hence the back combed effect. The more you brush the more it will happen. Try a cuticle sealer this should help smooth the hair and stop the bushy look. Joico do one x

I think it's a manufacturer problem, they are now saying because I've had it coloured they can't do anything about it.

It's only the roots that have been coloured, and the problem is at the mid length, not the roots xx

have a look at silicon mix, its amazing stuff for hair extensions x
I am going to purchase some of this. My weave is over a year old, but is still okay! I wonder if this will make a difference. x

I'm aware its the hair that is the issue, silicon mix may be a great way to tame it for now, its amazing stuff and i swear by it, it coats the hair and makes extensions and wigs feel almost brand new, x

I'm aware its the hair that is the issue, silicon mix may be a great way to tame it for now, its amazing stuff and i swear by it, it coats the hair and makes extensions and wigs feel almost brand new, x

I'll maybe give it a try. Thanks x

Personally it looks as though it isn't remy, the cuticle run different ways causing it to frizz. They usually coat them with a silicon so the cuticles do not break away but basically if it's not remy. when you back comb it, you basically back combing some of the hair! Hope that helps X

They've agreed to take it back for testing.

I think it sounds like it isn't remy either.

Anyway I'll need to order hair from somewhere else for now. Any suggestions?

I love studio 58, I check the hair and have never had any problem xx

I love studio 58, I check the hair and have never had any problem xx

I was actually going to use them as my supplier and have the colour ring but they've stopped doing weaves xx

Latest posts

Back