Help - Faze 2 Not Working For Me!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails at Home

Reaction score
OK guys - just managed to try out Faze 2 as a top coat on my nail art last week - sick of my own nails getting messed up when doing client's nails so thought to myself OK - this should put an end to that!

Well it didn't! Don't know what I did wrong but what I noticed was that within an hour or 2 of putting on the Faze 2 (maybe I'd knocked it at some stage) but I had the odd dents here and there where the product must have melted through to the nail polish and now looked untidy! The art underneath before I put it on was perfect!!

Anyway, thought it wasn't too too noticeable but on further inspection a good few hours later realised that I could easily dent the nail as the product still wasn't dry enough. Then the next day realised it started cracking and easily chipping off so after all that I had to take off the Faze 2 AND my nail art and start all over again (without Faze 2).

Please help - what could I have done wrong - I waited 2 days before even putting it on and was told it is just applied like nail polish! Very confused and upset! :cry:

i had problems too when using Faze 2. I waited 24 hours and applied but within a day or so, it appeared to peel off in places and if it wasn't peeling it was chipping :rolleyes:

any suggestions?

I don't like applying faze2 over enamel, because with the base coat and then 2 coats of enamel it takes to long to wait for all of this to set.......... 24-48hrs on base and 2x enamel, drying time depends also on the thickness of the applied enamel...........

But there is nothing stopping you to paint your nails after basecoat with acrylic paint and art them up then, and then u can apply Faze2 as soon as the acrylic paint is dry..........
Hope this helps

Glad (but not in a horrible way of course) that someone else has has the same problem! :)

Help Geeks!!

Sorry Ruth - think I'm being blonde - could you explain that step by step please? Sounds like you were saying to just put nail art on plain nails just with base coat???

Thanks

I do this when I want to use faze2........
Clean nail, scrubresh, then apply base coat, then acrylic paint, the same way you would apply enamel...one colour over the whole nail........ then art them up after if you want...........let it dry then apply Faze2
hth

Thanks Ruth - I see - so instead of using polish you use acrylic paint to paint the entire nail? I've never thought of doing that or realised you could. Learn something new every day eh?

Will try it next time I need to paint my nails

Thanks again
Michelle x

I have not used Faze gel so forgive me if I am wrong but I take it Faze 2 is a gel? Are you sure you are using the correct lamp/bulbs? Just a thought as if you don't use the correct wattage then the gel won't be cured properly & will peel etc.

Hope this helps you x

Pinkies! said:
I have not used Faze gel so forgive me if I am wrong but I take it Faze 2 is a gel? Are you sure you are using the correct lamp/bulbs? Just a thought as if you don't use the correct wattage then the gel won't be cured properly & will peel etc.

Hope this helps you x

Thanks for that but Faze 2 actually goes on and sets just like a normal nail polish - lamp not needed.

Michelle x

Oh, so is it an acrylic? I thought there was a gel called Faze by Designer Nails, must be thinking of something else, or going mad!

Sorry i couldn't help you then, hope you sort it out soon! x

Faze is a one component gel that is cured with a UV lamp.

Faze 2 is a perma gloss gel that cures with the UV in normal daylight. This is why you cannot apply it over enamel that is wet or even slightly wet. But if you have the patience to let it dry thoroughly, then it is a god send in the salon.
Your painted nails will stay looking fantastic even if you take a bath in acetone!!
Faze 2 is not for the consumer. They never know how to use it. It is a permanent top-coat gloss for any enhancement system and it preserves nail art beautifully. Saves buffing too if you apply two coats after finishing.
ALWAYS apply 2 coats. Dries very quickly.
It works for me and thousands of others who have used it for years. Now try it again with the right information this time.

geeg said:
Faze is a one component gel that is cured with a UV lamp.

Faze 2 is a perma gloss gel that cures with the UV in normal daylight. This is why you cannot apply it over enamel that is wet or even slightly wet. But if you have the patience to let it dry thoroughly, then it is a god send in the salon.
Your painted nails will stay looking fantastic even if you take a bath in acetone!!
Faze 2 is not for the consumer. They never know how to use it. It is a permanent top-coat gloss for any enhancement system and it preserves nail art beautifully. Saves buffing too if you apply two coats after finishing.
ALWAYS apply 2 coats. Dries very quickly.
It works for me and thousands of others who have used it for years. Now try it again with the right information this time.

Hi Geeg - so was I getting it wrong? Should I have been setting the Faze 2 under the lamp? Sorry, I did ask the guy when I ordered it from the shop the method of applying it and maybe he did tell me this but I forgot? :rolleyes: I have booked into my course with Creative in June so will probably come across it again there!

So, if it has to cure under the lamp how long does it take?

Thanks

Hey there, you dont need to use a UV light with Faze2.
Think of it as a top coat with Gel like properties.

It works brilliantly over cured surfaces (ie. gels, L&P, Fibreglass or cured enamel). Just remember that it can take a good 24 hours for enamel to cure.

Hope this helps

The Nail Geek said:
Hey there, you dont need to use a UV light with Faze2.
Think of it as a top coat with Gel like properties.

It works brilliantly over cured surfaces (ie. gels, L&P, Fibreglass or cured enamel). Just remember that it can take a good 24 hours for enamel to cure.

Hope this helps

Ok - so I wasn't getting it wrong? Thanks Nail Geek! I still have my original problem though as to why when I put it on after having nail art on for 48 hours it cracked and peeled - have you come across this before?

Thanks

nope. never heard of that before. Is it happening accross the board or just on on odd nail or two?

Nails at Home said:
Ok - so I wasn't getting it wrong? Thanks Nail Geek! I still have my original problem though as to why when I put it on after having nail art on for 48 hours it cracked and peeled - have you come across this before?

Yes I have! It usually happens when the nail art paint has been applied too thick. For example ... when airbrushing ... if this is done correctly, the paint is dry as soon as you are finished because the paint should be misted on and not built up too thick. Some people spray paint the nail and the paint is too thick and is NOT completely dry .. still some moisture trapped there under the Faze 2 and this causes cracking .... just the same if you apply any top coat finisher over nail art that is not quite dry... it will craze or crack.

The other reason for any cracking or peeling is applying Faze too thick! TWO thin coats is the rule. Some people build it up too much too quickly. TWO thin coats is all you need. You can add another thin coat in 2-3 days to keep looking nice.

I'm sure one of these things caused your problem.

I think faze 2 is fantastic to protect my own nail art...i apply the art and top coat then quickly next morning apply 2 thin coats of faze 2...takes seconds to dry then I'm on my way :) ...also great if u want to hide the art...apply faze 2 over the art then a coloured polish ...the coloured polish will come off with non acetone remover as normal but leaves the art perfect under the faze 2... only prob I do have with it is it gives a kind of shiny 'plastic' appearance to my nails (but i find gels sometimes do this anyway)

thanks everyone - Geeg - maybe you hit the nail on the head with me not applying it thin enough - I was only putting on one coat and maybe it was too thick - will try this option next time cos I know for sure it wasn't because my nail art wasn't dry as it was 2 days before I applied the Faze 2.

Michelle x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back