Help.....feedback needed on salon name

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaza

Pampering Geek
Reaction score
Hiya All

I am hoping to open a salon later this year doing both nails and beauty treatments and need help with feedback on naming it. My sis (bless her!) came up with the name PAMPORIUM coz she thought it made you think about being totally pampered, and was an unusual name too so good for marketing.

The building itself is 2 storey so I plan to have nails and tanning downstairs but turn the upstairs into a relaxing treatment room for mani's/pedi's/facials etc (mainly CreativeSpa treatments :green: ).

Any feedback on the name would be appreciated. I have asked around family, friends, and of course clients and had mainly positive comments but my hubby thinks it sounds like a victorian brothel :twisted: which has made me unsure now. Shame really coz I liked it from the start but let me know what you all think.

Shaza

Hi Shaza...
I really like the name...
If i saw it i would think of pampering too.

Sawsdee ka

I like name very much .

And maybe you can if you like ......Nails and Body Relax Pamporium .

Mui from Thailand

I luv it! Yeah it makes me think of getting a deluxe pampering session. :green:

I like the name - makes me want to go out and get pampered right now!
Good luck xxx

And what does your hubby know about Victorian brothels????????????
I think its a great name, and personally I think you should go with your instinct and the majority

I think its a great name. Very different!!

I think its a great name! Really easy for someone to remember!

If its any help to you, but ignore it if you want, lol, whenever I'm thinking of anything like this I always put it into a real situation! With something like this you could imagine that someone is calling you up and you answer the phone
'Hello, Pamporium, How can I help you?' or you could try it out as if you were a client going to get your nails done; 'I'm just going out to Pamporium to get my nails done, Back about 5 etc!' Or anything like it!

If i can imagine using a name myself, or a client saying it then i always know that im happy with it for life!

HTH ignore me if you wnt :) Its a great name!
Love kat x

Hiya All

Thanks for all your positive feedback, glad you like it :green:

My gut instinct is that it sounds right. I have even made up a sample brochure with this name on the front just to see how it would look and I'm really pleased with the result. Have decided to ignore the hubby (he's a builder and can't even understand why people would want to "waste" money on beauty treatments, obviously I have taught him nothing in the last 5 years :rolleyes: ) and just go for it.

Any more comments, positive or otherwise, would still be appreciated though.

Shaza

well babe your hubbie needs a slap :lol: :lol: :D told you before babes pay no attetion to him :lol: the name sounds fab great idear about rehearsing the name!! the salon sounds like its going to be ace (give us a job :lol: ) and i think you will do just great good for you!! :D

i love it... you just need to add a little symbol or logo to make people in no doubt what you do i think.
mind you some very lewd men in my local decided to add the word 'job' between 'the hand' and 'sanctuary' in my name and found this highly amusing... little minds and all that!!!!

Victorian Brothel indeed :rolleyes: - I think it's a fabulous name and I have never heard it before - DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!!!!! (oh yes and get it trade marked!!!)

I agree with all the above! Great name..... Definately not one I've heard before..... I had the same problem coming up with a name.... I too wanted one that was different...... I'm hoping I achieved that

All the best with your new salon Shaza:D and hope you have loads of fun!!

xx Tamm

Thanks everyone for your support - knew I could rely on you :)

Was desperate to get this sorted out coz I am half way through writing my business plan (OMG how hard is that :rolleyes: ) and needed to be sure the name sounded right before I get too far into it.

Nickki - thanks a lot babe for that (you know the score!) Hopefully we can meet up at Olympia and I can give u an update.

What would I do without this board :green: :) :green: :) :green:

Shaza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back