help finding brother in south africa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delisnails

Reaction score
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help. I have a brother who has lived in south africa for over 20 years. As often happens with our busy lives we have lost touch but my dad wants to try and get in touch with him and I dont know where to start.

We have not heard from him for 4 years, which is starting to worry us as although he is a typical bloke and was not in regular contact we did hear from him at least once a year.

I wondered if there were any nail techs living in cape town who maybe could let me know if there are any telephone directory web sites that I can search to see if he is listed.

He was a civil engineer for a very large company whom we do not know there name although my dad seemed to think they were called Scott but when I put this in any search engines nothing comes up.

I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas

thanks

Goodluck in your search hun, it must be awful to not know where to start. I hope you find him soon and have a big massive reunion!
Love
Rach:hug:

Hi

I'm from SA, you could place an ad in the local paper.www.capeargos.co.za and try typing in yellow pages, south Africa on google or yahoo search or look on Ananzi. (not sure about the website, I think it is ananzi.co.za) The yellow pages is about the best place to look for paces as you can choose which city to look in, otherwise if you are looking for his home address try the white pages.
Hope you find him!
Lisa

could you try the emberssey , surly they should hav some kind of work record.. it does not hurt to try..

could you try the emberssey , surly they should hav some kind of work record.. it does not hurt to try..

Thanks everyone, will try the websites given and if still no look then the embassy.

good luck hun.. if any of us can help let us know.. maybe if we all pull together we could find him..:hug:

There is a company called "Scotts of Tarka" in South africa on friends reunited but only one employee has put their details there. You could try a search on there for his name as he may still be there for his school? or you could contact the person who has registered and ask them for details of the company and go through them? x

just wanted 2 say good luck hun xxx

good luck finding your brother, sometimes you get busy with life and before you know it months or years have passed, then the longer you leave it the harder it gets. does your brother have any hobbies ie golf, maybe you could look up sites and contact clubs by e-mail.
karen x

Hi

My brother has lived over their for over 20 years and we were never close when we were children, he was the odd one of the family.

I have to sadly admit that I dont really know him, he has always kept himself to himself but at the end of the day he is my brother and I would just like to know he is ok.

I have emailed him but to no avail, I have thought about trying to see if his email address which is a hotmail has been used recently but I dont know how I would go about this.

Someone has mentioned putting an advert in a local paper over there which I think could work so that I think will be my next port of call.

thanks again for all your help and comments, its great to know there are people out there who care.

adele

Hi

My brother has lived over their for over 20 years and we were never close when we were children, he was the odd one of the family.

I have to sadly admit that I dont really know him, he has always kept himself to himself but at the end of the day he is my brother and I would just like to know he is ok.

I have emailed him but to no avail, I have thought about trying to see if his email address which is a hotmail has been used recently but I dont know how I would go about this.

Someone has mentioned putting an advert in a local paper over there which I think could work so that I think will be my next port of call.

thanks again for all your help and comments, its great to know there are people out there who care.

adele

I don't know if you are still looking for your brother but I was speaking to my mum today who lives in SA and she said that in the YOU magazine there is a section called 'desperately seeking'

You can write to them either -
Desperately Seeking
P.O. Box 7167
Roggebaai
8012 South Africa

or -
[email protected]

Hope it all works out.:hug:

Hi

adele

I haven't got any practical advice but I really wish you the best of luck

All the best hun, i know how you must be feeling :hug:

I wish i could have some possitive words to give you but i wouldnt know where to start other than the british embassy if they have one in s/a :hug:

Sorry its been a while, but I do not get much chance to geek these days what with work and two very lively toddlers.

Thanks for this, I will give it a go.

I have talked to my dad and we are thinking of going through the salvation army after xmas, although I doubt we will have enough information on him, but its worth a try.

thanks everyone for your kind thoughts

I don't know if you are still looking for your brother but I was speaking to my mum today who lives in SA and she said that in the YOU magazine there is a section called 'desperately seeking'

You can write to them either -
Desperately Seeking
P.O. Box 7167
Roggebaai
8012 South Africa

or -
[email protected]

Hope it all works out.:hug:

I have sent an email, thanks

Latest posts

Back