Help, foiling to blend roots on box dye blond

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bie

Reaction score
Hi looking for advice
I am colouring a customers hair tomorrow I have been cutting it for years but she has always coloured it herself using a box colour that she says is lightest blond, her hair is thick shoulder length curly hair that she blowdrys and straitens, it’s condition isn’t bad, considering just porous ends,
Her natural hair judging by her roots which are normally about a cm is about a 7, very ash, with about 50% grey which is evenly distributed a little more so around the front and sides.
The colour she uses lightens her hair Root to a very gold 8 I’d say.. but her ends are very processed and white blond in places.
So now shes had enough of colouring her hair and would like to grow it out to its natural state, she holidays in Barbados all through the winter so after this appointment I won’t see her till feb, but she wants me to try to blend her roots into the ends so she can grow out her blond without and obvious regrowth. I use kolesten perfect and colour touch generally,
I’m planning to foil it, in my mind I thought Some fine foils with 7 and a bleach to pick out the greyer areas.. I have strand tested a 7 which gave a really gold root and really flat Color on the ends which I think would look terrible.. thanks in advance xx

Hi looking for advice
I am colouring a customers hair tomorrow I have been cutting it for years but she has always coloured it herself using a box colour that she says is lightest blond, her hair is thick shoulder length curly hair that she blowdrys and straitens, it’s condition isn’t bad, considering just porous ends,
Her natural hair judging by her roots which are normally about a cm is about a 7, very ash, with about 50% grey which is evenly distributed a little more so around the front and sides.
The colour she uses lightens her hair Root to a very gold 8 I’d say.. but her ends are very processed and white blond in places.
So now shes had enough of colouring her hair and would like to grow it out to its natural state, she holidays in Barbados all through the winter so after this appointment I won’t see her till feb, but she wants me to try to blend her roots into the ends so she can grow out her blond without and obvious regrowth. I use kolesten perfect and colour touch generally,
I’m planning to foil it, in my mind I thought Some fine foils with 7 and a bleach to pick out the greyer areas.. I have strand tested a 7 which gave a really gold root and really flat Color on the ends which I think would look terrible.. thanks in advance xx
7/0 is actually quite a woody colour, you need something that's going to replicate her natural cool tones. Take a look at colour touch
7/89 +1.9% as a lowlight add a tiny spot of violet if needed or colour touch equal amounts 6/71 +8/71 +1.9% And then use bleach highlights. Work in very fine sections, highlight where she's naturally lighter, and lowlight where she's naturally darker, this will allow you to mimic a natural salt and pepper look and won't create any major regrowth issues. I'd recommend she uses a violet toning shampoo regularly after the colour is done, to maintain the cooler /ash tone. Make sure she's using a good quality colour protect shampoo and conditioner. Definitely needs to use heat protection, and a lower temperature with straighteners. This will help the colour last longer and keep damage to a minimum.

Latest posts

Back