Quantcast

Help for adding depth into over blond highlights with Goldwell!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

singer4eva

Reaction score
Hi!

So I'm doing my own hair right now. I'm naturally a level 4-5. The only color I've ever had used on me or have used myself is Goldwell, I feel it works best with my naturally mixed nationality thick and curly hair. I had all over highlights using Wella Developer & Blondor, I then added some lowlights using 7N.This was toned with Goldwell Colorance 10BG and a little bit of 10N. I thought it needed more 10N so went in again with a little more 10N. A couple days ago I wanted to touch up my roots and blend - I re-highlighted with Blondor and Wella, being careful not to overlap, but this resulted in very bright platinum + yellowish shade blond around my face. I went in with a lot more lowlights in 7N which brought it down a lot. But when I added the toner of 10N only this time (I was out of 10BG) it then looked super blond with not a lot of depth. Also some of the lowlights seems to have lightened to more gold shade. Should I go in again with a toner of 10BG with a little 10V and 10N, and add some more lowlights of a mix of 7N and 6N? Or add a Beige to the lowlights? It's hard to tell in different light but I did add a couple photos...Thank you for help!!

Attachments

ronray

Reaction score
What developer are you using with your 10N to tone?
Seems like it's trying to lift your natural root and the lowlights you created. Which if the 10N is a permanent torn it will do.

singer4eva

Reaction score
Hi thanks! I'm using the colorance base line (the blue C) developer with the same Demi-color line. I forgot to mention I have no grays. The ones with smiley face is current, the one with the red heart is the previous with grown out roots - it's seems it grew out quicker in quarantine!!!!! Some of my bleach swelled a little more than I'd like so I need to add a little more root depth as well

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest posts