Help, French manicure today

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess88

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I don't know what im going to do, I have a client in this afternoon who is wanting french, but painted a solid colour then tips in different colour, my problem with this is i usually paint the white first and tidy up with a bit of nail polish remover but i wont be able to do this if there is a colour there, what can i do if the line isn't perfect??

Hi Geeks

I don't know what im going to do, I have a client in this afternoon who is wanting french, but painted a solid colour then tips in different colour, my problem with this is i usually paint the white first and tidy up with a bit of nail polish remover but i wont be able to do this if there is a colour there, what can i do if the line isn't perfect??

You can do it if you use just the very tip of your brush that has been dipped on the remover and tthen wiped nearly dry before you use it very very lightly. When you paint on the top cost it will smooth everything together again. :green:

Maybe just try and be really careful and steady painting dont worry if it goes all over the finger as u can wipe after. Then get a cocktail stick and gently tidy up the line if needs be im sure u will be fine x if the line looks really bad what about a line of gems along the join?

Maybe just try and be really careful and steady painting dont worry if it goes all over the finger as u can wipe after. Then get a cocktail stick and gently tidy up the line if needs be im sure u will be fine x if the line looks really bad what about a line of gems along the join?

:eek:

Ah .... How can not worry if it goes all over the finger and wipe after? A cocktail stick?? Never heard of a pro doing something like this! :eek:

You can do it if you use just the very tip of your brush that has been dipped on the remover and tthen wiped nearly dry before you use it very very lightly. When you paint on the top cost it will smooth everything together again. :green:

Thanks for the tip, this worked really well :)

Yes I got on okay today, but I noticed her free edge started really far up the nail which was strange, she use to be a nail biter dont know if thats why??

But it got me thinking if she wanted a normal french I would have to do a solid pink to cover this to put the white in the correct place rather than too far up the nail, but a solid pink wouldn't look very natural, do you reckon it will re attach??

I have seen people's free edge eventually reattach to the nail bed and clients who are ex-nail biters have almost back to normal nail beds again. I also do tidy up the skin around the nail with an orange stick with a thin amount of cotton wool wrapped around it soaked in remover if the white has gone on the skin It normally only happens in nails that are shorter than I'd like to do a french on and I am an extremely experienced professional. We can't be miracle workers!! ;-)

Latest posts

Back