Help! French manicure turning brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caitey

Reaction score
Hi, today I had a first time client come back to me with her nails turned brown. She had had a french manicure with gel polish under a LED lamp. She flew the next day, and noticed it starting then. She has not used any liquids or lotions on them, the only thing she had taken with her were face wipes. This has never happened to me before and I am seeing her this afternoon and I am hoping someone might have some ideas as to why it has happened. TIA xx

Is she a smoker? I have a couple of clients who smoke and if they have pale colours/french polish the nails very quickly change to a brownish colour.

Fake tan? Curry? New trousers? It could be a number of things.

Oh gosh, sorry I never thanked you for your replies! It was the top coat - once we filed it off ready for soaking the ends were lovely and white underneath! I switched brands for her, even though it has never happened to anyone else, and it has never happened on her again. Weird.

I had a lady whose French manicure went blue, we couldn't understand why. About 6 months later it happened again and the only thing she had done both times is go on a train journey. Turns out they spray the blue seats with antibac first thing in the morning and this is what had caused it. There will be a reason, but its a matter of finding out what. Good luck x

If you filed the top coat and it was clean again there would have been something staining the top coat. If its never turned brown on anyone else its not the top coat. It wouldnt just turn brown for one person unless something was staining it. Like everyone else said I'd be questioning if she smokes, if she uses tan, dyed her hair or anything like that.

I gave my mum a French manicure and hers turned brown and it was from her fake tan and bronzer as previous people have said there will be a reason for it x

I once had a lady come back the day after a natural nail manicure with brown stains all over her hands. We were both mystified as to cause,same products as usual had been used. She called day after with explanation. LILYS. The pollen stains !!!!

Latest posts

Back