Help from fellow experienced hair extension technicians

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicoleboylexx

Luxury_locks_xoxo
Reaction score
Heyy everyone,

Bit apprehensive about posting my own thread lol but I've scoured the internet long enough and getting absolutely no where so here goes.

I qualified in hair extensions fairly recently and to be honest struggling to get clientele as I am not currently a hair dresser or work in the beauty industry so I rely on posting special offers and promotions on Facebook and Instagram.

I am well aware that it's such a competitive market I just wasn't able to afford a course up until now and I know this is the career I want.

I've been thinking a lot about starting in a salon but are there salons that will employ a hair extension technician as I know majority of salons you rent a chair and you should have your own clientele. But not being in the beauty industry I was thinking the existing clientele in the salon is a great opportunity to build on.

Also I currently work full time at the moment and rely on my wage so can't just leave and rent a chair somewhere in the hope it works out lol.

Just feel stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment and I know there will be plenty of you in the same or similar situations.

Any help and advice is appreciated

My advice to you would be get some cards and flyers done with a name and your services(more professional looking) you can then take them into your current work and this will help grow your clientele also maybe an idea to set up a facebook page solely for hair extensions then it's not getting lost in your page also an instagram page link them both hope this helps it'll also grow by word of mouth once you get a start

My advice to you would be get some cards and flyers done with a name and your services(more professional looking) you can then take them into your current work and this will help grow your clientele also maybe an idea to set up a facebook page solely for hair extensions then it's not getting lost in your page also an instagram page link them both hope this helps it'll also grow by word of mouth once you get a start
Thank you so much.

I've got a Facebook page only for extension as I didnt have a personal one set up and Instagram for extensions to.

Thank you xx

What about asking small salons who just offer colours etc would they be interested in offering hair extensions certain days/times. You might need to build a portfolio first though.

Try mobile service first before committing to salon. You will get experience and then you can rent a chair in a salon x

Latest posts

Back