Help from lecturers who taught BTEC ND in Beauty Therapy course please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikki C

Reaction score
Good Afternoon Everyone!!

I’m hoping there is someone out there who can help me and offer me some advice please.
I am a practising beauty therapist working for a wonderful local salon.
I trained in London and graduated in June 2000 with a BTEC ND in Beauty Therapist. It was a full time course over 2 years.
I’ve worked within the beauty industry continuously over the past 20 years and I’ve never experienced any problems with insurance until now.
The issue is with the local authorities Special treatments licence. They do not recognise my qualification so require more information from the institute where I trained 20 years ago!!! ‍♀️
The institute still exists but does not offer beauty therapy courses anymore.
I feel as if I’ve hit a brick wall!!!
What do I do???
I’ve got the most wonderfully supportive employer so will support me in every way she can but I’m concerned that the local authority won’t go on to insure me ‍♀️
Are there any lecturers out there who could assist me with the information they require???
Thank you!!!
Keep Safe ❤️

Hi,
I was a lecturer for the BTEC beauty therapy sciences for 10 years. I finished teaching 7 years ago.
Can I help?

Good Afternoon ‍♀
Oh amazing!!!
I have my BTEC ND Certificate and all of my certifications for all the training I’ve completed but with BTEC, I received a certificate with Units passed on it. The local authority want to see a breakdown of those units?!
We have a unit called “Bodywork” but it doesn’t show that the training included waxing, tinting, massage etc.
They would like a breakdown of the units on paper from the college.
I attended the college from 1998-2000 and they don’t offer the course anymore.
I’m a very experienced therapist and the thought of re training for NVQ’s feels me with frustration!!!

thank you so much for replying x

I think your best bet would be to contact Pearson for a customised vocational letter that confirms your achievement. Edexcel became Pearson a number of years ago.

Here is the link:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/...ed-letters-for-vocational-qualifications.html
I think it was the syllabus after you qualified that then split the content into individual skill units.

If you still have any college work portfolio or log of assessments then this could be used as evidence too.

If I think of anything else I’ll get back to you [emoji848]

I think your best bet would be to contact Pearson for a customised vocational letter that confirms your achievement. Edexcel became Pearson a number of years ago.

Here is the link:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/...ed-letters-for-vocational-qualifications.html
I think it was the syllabus after you qualified that then split the content into individual skill units.

If you still have any college work portfolio or log of assessments then this could be used as evidence too.

If I think of anything else I’ll get back to you [emoji848]

Good Morning!

thank you so much for getting back to me, I appreciate it greatly!

I did go to Pearson and I paid £50 for them to produce a customised letter for me stating the information required.
I did this back in March at the start of lockdown.
I had to chase them up constantly as I didn’t hear back properly until June?!
Thank god the salon was closed anyway!!
They said they couldn’t help me?????,
I don’t know what to do???
It’s so frustrating as I did a full time 2 year course and I don’t want to have to retrain!!!
I’ve been practising for 20 years!!
I’ll give you my email address so we could talk on there??
I could send my certificates over to.

thank you again! X

Good Morning!

thank you so much for getting back to me, I appreciate it greatly!

I did go to Pearson and I paid £50 for them to produce a customised letter for me stating the information required.
I did this back in March at the start of lockdown.
I had to chase them up constantly as I didn’t hear back properly until June?!
Thank god the salon was closed anyway!!
They said they couldn’t help me?????,
I don’t know what to do???
It’s so frustrating as I did a full time 2 year course and I don’t want to have to retrain!!!
I’ve been practising for 20 years!!
I’ll give you my email address so we could talk on there??
I could send my certificates over to.
[email protected]

thank you again! X
I have sent you an email :)

Latest posts

Back