Help, gel application issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JocelyneB

Reaction score
Hi girls, I had my nail technician license 2 years ago and I lost my job so I decided to start doing gel nails to my friends. Unfortunately, I've been having some issues with my gel nails application. At least a half of the nails I've been doing to my friends are failling off. I'm using Gelous products, a known brand from Quebec city. I use the nail tips as extension and I'm wondering if it's my nail glue the problem or my gel technique which is:
-Nails preparation: cutting, filing and cuticles removal.
-Tips application: I put some glue on the tips and then press for 10 sec, I cut the tips as length desired, I fill the edges and the extension tip with a 180 grit file and then I buff the entire nail. I clean the dust with a brush and I apply 99% alcohol.
-Gel application (they don't have any primer) : I apply one thin coat of gel base and cure for 1 min in my CND LED lamp (2S bottom). After, I apply a coat of gel finition and I make sure that the stress point is thicker, then I cure the nail for another 1 minute under the CND LED lamp (2S). Finally, I clean the sticky layer with 99% alcohol and file the nails just to make sure the nail forms are nice. I remove again the dust and put some alcohol and I put my last thin coat of gel and remove the sticky layer and voila!

I used to use a UV lamp but since I got my Shellac kit I thought that one will do the job but now I'm kinda scared because one day one my clients had a burning sensation while she was putting her hand under the LED lamp so I don't know what's going on... someone told me this sensation is because my gel layers are too thick. Am I using the right lamp?

Yesterday, I bought CND Gel bond glue and I hope this one will be fine, I'm really upset and I hope I'll find a solution. Please help me!!!!

Jocelyne

Hi ,

The one thing that stands out to me is that you are not using the lamp that goes with your system but more importantly you are using an LED lamp . Os the product you are using suitable for curing with LED ?

x

Hi ,

The one thing that stands out to me is that you are not using the lamp that goes with your system but more importantly you are using an LED lamp . Os the product you are using suitable for curing with LED ?

x

If you are using the product pictured here, it's not actually gel. It's polish and uncurable.

Attachments

• SBS-507020.jpg
    SBS-507020.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 27
Thank you so much perfect10kb and
you're right: yesterday I called Gelous Company and they told me the products aren't compatible with LED lamp. I did another gel nails application today and the gel seemed to be cured. Hope the nails will lasts and again, thank you!

Attachments

• 1438381193695.jpg
    1438381193695.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back