Help !! Gel Extensions.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisajarrett

Reaction score
Hi all

I have just done some gel extensions using the builder gel by IBD, when ever i cured a nail under the lamp my client said it was buring her fingers. She took it out and then put back in after a couple of seconds and then it was fine. I cant understand why this has happened at all???

I normally use NSI builder products and have never had this problem before!!

Cheers

Wow really? This is very common. It's usually if a client has quite thin/damages nail plate it's purely caused by the chemical reaction taking place to cure the gel. Nothing to worry about at all

Yes it's a heat spike. As previously said, it tends to be felt worse on people with thin or sensitive nails but can also be caused by applying the builder layer too thick (a larger amount of molecules to expand) causing the pain. You can remedy this by either flash curing each nail on the builder layer, whereby the client doesn't leave her nail in the lamp but puts it in and out for about ten seconds or you can do your build layer in two layers instead of one really thick one. Some gels tend to be worse than others too and I've found hardly anyone gets a heat spike with the NSI balance gels yet most people got them with the Nco gel brand. HTH xxxx

A solution when this happens is to tap the end of the nail off the table a few times... No joke! Always works for me. Hope this helps.

Hi

Thanks for your comments, it was actually asp that I have used. I did do each finger one at a time with a thin layer and cured and did another layer to ensure it wasn't too thick, I think I might have to go back to using nsi!!!

Cheers

Hi

Thanks for your comments, it was actually asp that I have used. I did do each finger one at a time with a thin layer and cured and did another layer to ensure it wasn't too thick, I think I might have to go back to using nsi!!!

Cheers

Just out of curiosity, why did you change to ASP from NSI??

What works for me - when it starts to hurt take finger out and press down firm on hard surface, like the top of the lamp or the table for 10 secs, shouldn't hurt again when finger goes back in. X

Latest posts

Back