Help, gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannahstannard9

Reaction score
hey im a newbee to doing gel nails.. and ive been having some problems with the nails comming off i realised i only had a 9watt lamp so ive upgraded to a 36 and bought the rio starter kit as i felt i didnt get on with the "essential nails" products!! and nails are literally just comming off so easily off the nail if they were pulled what shall i dooo!:'(

Hi there, I started many many moons ago with rio and soon realized they are rubbish and not reputable.

It sounds as though you may be struggling with your prep, I would advise you to contact EN as they are extremely helpful and could maybe give you some tips and tricks.

I didn't find the EN products the best to work with but they were/are in my opinion far better than rio.

The lamp that retails with EN courses is also a 14w, my business partner provides gels and has studied with EN and has never had any problems with curing using this lamp.

Like I said before, prep is a major process which I have struggled to get to grips with but practice and be meticulous, if you're unsure call EN for advice, practice and keep reviewing your training notes to check everything is in place

Hope this helps :)

What you are doing is like going into a professional salon that uses Avon ............... you need to use good professional products and you are using the cheapest consumer products you can buy.

You must know there are better products out there. What do you think separates pro products from OTC products?? Quality and education, that is what.

Hi. im just wondering, if you have one client, who uses a lot of bleach just before nail application, would it cause them to be weaker? also if said client is quite rough with nails what is a good way of making them stronger? more layers of gel? More primer? stronger primer? etc

L&P is stronger than gel. I don't get on with gel myself as I've 2 very boisterous kids and a massive garden but always wear gloves etc.

Is l and p stronger than gel ? I thought they were basically the same ?
Harder doesn't mean stronger, gels are more flexible yes but this doesn't mean l &p is stronger I always though anyway

Last edited:
Have you had any training, as EN should be very willing to help if you have attended one of their courses..? If you have bought the products off of Ebay or other sites, then that may be why you are having problems..

If not, then I would strongly suggest that you get some good quality tuition...which is not going to be cheap! Many many people on Salon Geek have tried the cheaper options for training and most realise the error of their ways. May I suggest you contact Nail Harmony, CND, Young Nails, EN, or NSI just for starters to get the ball rolling..all very reputable companies who will train you properly, with quality products. Gel is a dangerous product to mess with if you don't know about how to use it properly....

Last edited:
Is l and p stronger than gel ? I thought they were basically the same ?
Harder doesn't mean stronger, gels are more flexible yes but this doesn't mean l &p is stronger I always though anyway

I got taught that they where mote durable and more suited for heavy handed clients.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

I remember reading on here that hard gels are just as durable if you get a plank of wood and a rubber hose, which one is more likely to break when pressure is applied ?

I remember reading on here that hard gels are just as durable if you get a plank of wood and a rubber hose, which one is more likely to break when pressure is applied ?

Well done butterfly and that is what we use as an example on CND classes. One material is strong and the other is tough .. there is a difference between strength and toughness ... which withstands the most pressure before breaking?

Strength comes with more thickness and that is not a good thing in nails.

I love love cnd training and that is essential when u are becoming a professional there is no point trying cheap products and have no company support I am getting better and better because of the support I have such passion for nails

Latest posts

Back