Help, Gellux removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simply beauty

Reaction score
HELP!! Just started using gellux and had my 1st removal. I scratched the top gel, soaked the remover in cotton pads, wrapped fingers in foil wraps and leaft 10 mins. not much difference ended up soaking nails in remover then added more acetone but had to really buff through gel it took me 2 1/2 hrs to remove then reapply surly this isnt right??

Thanks

HELP!! Just started using gellux and had my 1st removal. I scratched the top gel, soaked the remover in cotton pads, wrapped fingers in foil wraps and leaft 10 mins. not much difference ended up soaking nails in remover then added more acetone but had to really buff through gel it took me 2 1/2 hrs to remove then reapply surly this isnt right??

Thanks

Hi. I have had the same problem, however I have read on another thread that if you place a towel on top of the hands then put a hot water bottle on top the heat helps. I took my own off yesterday and it took ages

2 hours, what the?
I use Gellux and I have never had a prob with removal. Here's how I roll...

Lightly buff the topcoat of the nail to break the seal, then soak pads in acetone or gellux remover, (either works just as well) and wrap in foil shiny side down (to create more heat)
I then offer the client a cup of tea, and the heat from the cup warms up the foils thus helping with removal time. Either this or as above suggests, cover hands with some form of heat pad/water bottle effort.
10mins max (any longer and the acetone will evaporate and then your not gona be removing anything!) And I find it just flakes off.

I bought a special metal remover tool off ebay, few quid?
Find this helps with removal over an orangewood stick.

Easy as honestly.
Good Luck

Acetone always works best with heat with any removal, also remember to file the free edge off as well, and the metal cuticle pusher helps too but gently. ;)

Thank everyone well 1st time I did it I buffed the surface, then soaked the pads in remover, then wrapped in foil wraps, however it would have been shiny side up, then I ended up soaking them. I couldn't believe how just did not want to budge. Tonight it took me an hour to take off. I buffed, wrapped 1 hand in the foil wraps (shiny side was up), and put this hand in a headed mitt, with other hand I buffed and soaked in acetone (member of staff so good to experiment ) and it ended up taking an hour but I'm using an orange stick. So will try what's been suggested and fingers crossed I get it sorted.
Thanks for the advise everyone x

Does it matter what foil you use?

Yes, I use hairdressing foil that I pre cut with cotton wool, I personally find that it really makes a differance. I twist the foils to secure rather than fold and wrap in a towel 10 mins and it's ready to remove x

It does need to be thicker foil. Gellux do their own remover foil wraps and I use them to remove CND Shellac and Gellux.

Uh that sounds frustrating! Maybe you have accidentally bought fake Gellux, if that's a thing I'm not sure? Just I've heard of people trying to remove gel polish and it taking hours because it was fake. Where did you buy the product?

Latest posts

Back