Help! Gellux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avalilly

Reaction score
Hi, please help, i have used bluesky shellac in the past and had no problems. At the weekend i purchased some Gellux as preferred some of the colours. Im having problems with it setting, when putting on the top coat the colour is coming off onto the brush at the end when using gel wipe off some (not all) of the gellux is coming off!! What am i doing wrong? can anyone help??

you get what you pay for, you reap what you sew, the fact you use bluesky shellac speaks volumes

Hi, I see you are a nail professional, but your profile does not say what training you have done. Could you specify what training you have done,in either manicure or a Gel Polish system.
Have you bought the full Gellux system, basecoat, colour and topcoat ? Or are you just using the Gellux colour with the Bluesky products you already have? This could be a cause of service breakdown.

If the colour is coming off when you apply the top coat then it is not properly cured. There could be any number of reasons for this so you need to give more details of the products/equipment you are using and the timings for someone to look at and see where you might be going wrong. Shellac and Gelux are different types of nail enhancements and their theory and application are not the same.

Bluesky Shellac is not a professional product. It is a 'knock-off' of CND Shellac and I'm afraid you will not get much sympathy on this forum for using it especially if you are a professional with paying clients.

The same thing happens with me too, especially with the darker colours. I always just wipe the residue off the brush with a lint free wipe before putting it back into the bottle. This is what I was taught.

Hope this helps.

ps - I use the complete Gellux system and am Gellux trained.

you get what you pay for, you reap what you sew, the fact you use bluesky shellac speaks volumes

Zero tolerance for anyone using knock off products from ebay. No help from this geek either.

Gel Polish does not "set" - it "cures". If you are really a trained professional I am very surprised that you don't know the correct terminology :?:

Latest posts

Back