Help getting blonder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lissylou

Reaction score
Hello, can someone advise me please. I havent used salon geek for a long time but I need some hair advice. I have had highlighted my hair for many years but always wanted a darker more natural blonde. Unfortunately I never seem to get this. My hair is so blonde now that people are commenting on just how light it is and it looks virtually transparent in the fringe and side areas. I keep asking my hairdresser for darker hair but they say I won't like it darker and it will feel dull. My natural hair is a mousy ashy colour. Not sure why she is reluctant to do this? I was hoping for a nice bronde colour maybe a caramel brown colour. My hair looks so fine and wispy and I feel it would look thicker and healthier darker. I would say i have approx 25% grey. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Change hairdresser, I see where their coming from by saying you won't like it, seriously we see so many blonde clients asking for what you are and we do it and then spend the next few weeks trying to get it back out :/ however they are providing a service and your paying good money for it, they are not supposed to actually decline you a service unless there is a genuine reason (health of hair) which there's not in this instance so I'd just find a new salon :)

Thank you kahuna maybe I will try another stylist at the salon as it is awkward going elsewhere.I have even resorted to spraying my hair with brown dry shampoo to see if I would like it darker, which i do! I just feel like this blonde hair is actually making me washed out and older, I am in my 40s , even though I have been blonde since a child. Any suggestion what I could ask for? They have put low lights in many times but they just dont have the depth of colour I want and within two weeks I am really light again :(

That means your hair needs filling to make it hold the colour, when hair is lightened it gets porous & it's hard to hold the colour, speak to a different stylist, mention pre pig to them & tell them u like the colour when u put the brown spray on, it will give her an idea of what shade to take u down to :)

That means your hair needs filling to make it hold the colour, when hair is lightened it gets porous & it's hard to hold the colour, speak to a different stylist, mention pre pig to them & tell them u like the colour when u put the brown spray on, it will give her an idea of what shade to take u down to :)

Great I will ask for that. Thank again x

Latest posts

Back