Help getting clients in

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modify Me

Reaction score
hi I’m a newly qualified nail tech but I’m finding it difficult to get clients in the door. I’m offering intro pricing but not getting anywhere. I know the market is tough as there are a lot of nail salons and bars around. I work from my own home does this put people off do you think?

Anyone else had this problem and how are things working out for you

Thanks all
Kerrie x

I’m finding this hard too! My mind set I would rather grow slowly and gain and long standing Client base rather than have a high Client turn around. Will be interesting to see what people have to suggest on this post. I have found leafleting works, better than social media x

Thanks for the reply that’s great. I think I’ll have some leaflets made up. It’d be just nice to get a few through the door, I agree with you a slow and steady pace is good and word of mouth can be built from that. I’m just finding it hard to get it going initially and wondered if anyone else struggles with this. I’m sure I’m not alone here x

Thanks for the reply that’s great. I think I’ll have some leaflets made up. It’d be just nice to get a few through the door, I agree with you a slow and steady pace is good and word of mouth can be built from that. I’m just finding it hard to get it going initially and wondered if anyone else struggles with this. I’m sure I’m not alone here x

No you are definitely not alone, I feel like this all the time!!

I agree with the above it is hard building up a client base.

I actually thought i was the only one feeling like this. I am also starting up as a mobile nail technician. I use to do it about a year ago and had to stop but then decided last year to revamp my business and restart but i am finding it hard to get clients in. I have leaflets, loyalty cards and my prices are not bad. If anyone has any suggestions please share. I think this group should keep going so we could let eachother know how we are all getting on.

Has anyone tried taking there leaflets into elderly homes, doctors surgerys or mother and baby group ? Does anyone do pamper parties ? I'd like to do that but don't know how much to charge groups.

I’ve found most of my clients have come from Facebook. Usually by advertising on my local selling or community page x

Have a look at the post on the Business page, ‘more ways to promote your business’. There’re some helpful tips on there x

Advertise on Facebook, Instagram, local buy sell trade groups on Facebook, post on Craigslist under services, then I’d try the leaflets - most people take them but throw them out...

I am finding it hard to build up a client base as well. I had a salon before getting ill and having to take some time out. I have now started back up mobile and so have leaflet dropped which didn't bring in any new custom. I then went through and sent text messages and promotion emails to my old clients and this has brought a couple of clients back. It is a tough world out there! x

I would say social media is your best friend here and an easy and in expensive way of reaching a lot of people. Unfortunately direct mail such as leaflets have a notoriously low success rate. If you have any WhatsApp groups for work/school advertise to them and set up a Facebook business page x

Thanks for all the replies. I do have a Facebook page and I’m on instagram too. Also put adds in the buy and sell Facebook pages. Even with advertising introductory offers I’m not getting anywhere. It’s going to be a slow process I think.

I’m just setting up mobile gel technician on the side. Im trying to think of what will set me up as different - all I’ve got is my creativity... I’m really hoping to get great at nail art but apart from Instagram I’m kind of lost of how to create an excitement and buzz about me once my technique is up to scratch! Following this thread with real interest and good luck xx

Same here....I did read that you should look at what others are doing in the area and bounce off them. instagram is great for looking at designs and getting inspiration. It doesn’t bring in the clients though. This is hard!

Well best of luck to everyone. Just keep on promoting your business X :)

I just posted a new Thread about this I am also having a difficult time building clientele I took some time off from the Nail Tech industry as well and starting new again with trying to build my business! As I can see I'm not the only one that is having a difficult time out here it's very frustrating.

Finding it hard too and I don’t use Facebook so I only use Instagram twitter and google+ think it’s just how many nss there is now us professional nail technician are finding it hard to get clients. Let’s hope we all get more soon x

Thanks for all the replies. I do have a Facebook page and I’m on instagram too. Also put adds in the buy and sell Facebook pages. Even with advertising introductory offers I’m not getting anywhere. It’s going to be a slow process I think.
Have you tried boosting your posts? Like the sponsored post you get on your timeline? You choose your audience, area on a map, make/female, age and FB posts on the chosen audiences page.

Have you tried boosting your posts? Like the sponsored post you get on your timeline? You choose your audience, area on a map, make/female, age and FB posts on the chosen audiences page.
Hi

Have you tried this? I’ve been looking at it but not sure whether to pay the £4 or not!

Latest posts

Back