Help! Getting hubby to spray tan me!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellyT

Reaction score
Am I just asking for trouble????
I do spray tans and want to wear them myself too but obviously don't want to pay someone else!
Do any of you ask your other half to spray tan you?
if so,do you have any advice to give to make sure I don't look a wolly! Going out on Saturday night so need it to look even!!
I have every faith in him but just an eensy bit nervous!!

just tell im that his life depends on it! lol

My husband has done mine quite a few times.

1. Steve at the beginning seemed to spray quite wet even though i set up the gage for him, so that took some adjusting.

2. He couldnt get it around his head that he needed to stand back slightly to spray the hands and feet so that took abit of work too.

3. If your system has them use the lightest solution strength to start with until you know he has the knack of doing it.

4. Have some of the tan intensifying lotion to had the day after incase he leaves any patches that werent sprayed if you get my meaning!

Enjoy - there is only one way to find out - go for it!

I get my sister to tan me, she was my model when I trained & she took quite a bit of knowledge in!!

I woulnt let my other half tan me, he would leave gaps on purpose & think it would be highly amusing to watch me walk around!!

ta very much for your replies so far! I use Couture and have the bronze intensifier and also the chic bronze spray in a can just in case!

I spray him, so I hope he wouldn't mess my tan up! He's doing it tonight so think of me!! If you live in the Wiltshire area and you see a half woman half zebra then you know it's me!!:lol: :lol:

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can buy the St Tropez spray tanning solution?
I have tried every wholesaler imaginable!! This product seems impossible to get hold of.
Have even tried the St Tropez webite itself, but still no joy:cry:
If anyone can help me in my quest for the ultimate tanner I would appreciate it!!

Michelle x:)

Well if I ask my mum to spray me it comes out really wet and she uses double the amount but I use Couture and after my next day shower its perfect. I prefer my patner to spray me as he is getting better not as wet as mums but have to watch as he can miss bits. He always tells me he knows how to spray as he sprayed a car once when he was sixteen!!:lol:

As long as whoever sprays you don't miss bits you will look fine. Couture chic glow is good for covering up or applying yourself.

ta very much for your replies so far! I use Couture and have the bronze intensifier and also the chic bronze spray in a can just in case!

Im wearing a very nice 'Romantic Glow' sprayed just last night by my husband and a lovely job he's done!

I 'trained' my husband first though, whilst I was spraying him. I figured that if i left it that i was instructing him as we went along, he'd probably do that male "but I've just thought of a far better way that no female could have ever possibly thought of" thing and we would then argue and then I'd be part tanned, part not, cause he'd storm off in a strop, muttering about only doing me a favour!

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can buy the St Tropez spray tanning solution?
I have tried every wholesaler imaginable!! This product seems impossible to get hold of.
Have even tried the St Tropez webite itself, but still no joy:cry:
If anyone can help me in my quest for the ultimate tanner I would appreciate it!!

Michelle x:)

Michelle...questions like this really need a new thread as otherwise they get lost in amongst the answers to the original question. However to my knowledge, I think you can only buy St Tropez solution direct, but I may stand corrected.

Thanks for all your replies!!
JUST HAD IT DONE!! And I must congratulate him - not a bad go for his first time!!!
To begin with we had to wipe it off a few times but he soon got the hang of it!
We forgot my feet though so i've just given them a spray with the chic bronze self tan and it's starting to even out!!
We shall see tommorow when i have my shower!!!
Thanks again!!!

Michelle...questions like this really need a new thread as otherwise they get lost in amongst the answers to the original question. However to my knowledge, I think you can only buy St Tropez solution direct, but I may stand corrected.

Sorry didn't know, I'm a 'Newbie Geek'!! Thanks for the advice though.

No worries hun....really just more to help you get more answers than anything else. Good luck x

I figured that if i left it that i was instructing him as we went along, he'd probably do that male "but I've just thought of a far better way that no female could have ever possibly thought of" thing and we would then argue and then I'd be part tanned, part not, cause he'd storm off in a strop, muttering about only doing me a favour!

Lyndsay - how did you know that this is what happened the first few times that Steve tanned me! He did finally get better at it though.

The second time he sprayed me I moaned at him as he sprayed my hands too close and too wet, so he threw the spray gun at me and muttered something back, but as I caught the gun, the lid came off and the rest of the solution left in the bottle fell all over me. I had two choices and that was to shower the whole thing off straight away or wipe my hands and take a chance - I took the second option but my hands looked terrible for days!

Lyndsay - how did you know that this is what happened the first few times that Steve tanned me! He did finally get better at it though.

Lol! Oh no - they're going to get on too well....i can just see it!

Latest posts

Back