Help Getting Staff, New Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkishtart

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have recently opened a new small friendly salon In leicester, started from scratch, so far so good however i have got to the point where I'm fully booked and need to take on another stylist or a couple of partime.
To advertise In the local paper your talking £300+, I would prefer to take on someone self employd, work on a percentage .. My problem Is finding someone,to be totally honest, theres not enough work as yet just to rely on just walkins alone therefore need someone to bring clients with them which Is proven to be difficult, I have put up In local shops and surrounding a poster with my request and the ones what have come to me dont really have a clientel, like I say not enough walkins as yet for me to take them so wouldn't be fair on them.
salon Is going really well apart from finding the right staff!
Can anyone help? any suggestions??

Thank you In advance
Ps - going to do a big promotion after xmas plus new houseS have been completed, people will be moving in over the next 8 weeks I know this will generate more business for the salon, also having a sunbed upstairs so hopefully this will encourage salon too, just missing stylisT!!! x

Have you an advert in your own salon window? Something like
Are you a mobile hairdresser thinking of settling down?
Experienced hairdresser, ready to go it alone?
ready to move on?
ready to be your own boss?
Then come on in, have a chat and a coffee.
Then you can pitch your self employed bit and I think that would pitch it at the right sort of person:hug:
Good luck hun, it sounds like you are doing good.

Hi, try not to be a busy fool. Not being horrible by saying that. But if you can get someone in on a 50/50 basis, it means you can answer the phone, do a bit more on the admin side, etc etc but be in the shop to watch some new staff grow. So take somebody on the 50/50 basis and you will be surprised at how quickly you will grow. In this business you either stay stagnet or take the chance and grow. Good luck.

Hi
Thanks ladies for your Ideas...
I do have a stylist coming in on monday for interview yes she wants 50/50
Does the 50/50 Include her having apprentice or saturday girl?

Yes i am the busy fool :cry: Its killing me and so behind with paper work ... could do with having 2 stylist!!!
TT:zzz:

What is 50/50?
Is it they are Self employed but pay the salon no rent just giving 50% of all there takings to the salon?

Latest posts

Back