Help getting started please! (Lashes)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily2105

Reaction score
Hi

I’ve never been happy with my career and have always had a real interest in beauty. I’ve booked in for classic lash extensions and elleebana lash lift training with a lady in my area who is well known in my town for good quality work (you sometimes have to book in months advance if you’re lucky to get an appointment with her)

I work 4 long days in my current job so the plan is to sort the spare room into a beauty room and to book some people in on my days off until I get more appointments to eventually quit my current job.

Does anyone have any advice or words of wisdom to offer? Is it possible to make enough money to get by doing this? I’d also like to train in henna brows to eventually microblading.

Thanks for reading. Wish me luck! :)

You are doing the right thing by booking one course at a time so you can learn and practice that treatment before taking on the next one. It will also help with cash flow as your earnings from the first course/treatments will help pay towards the next treatment you are taking on.
Lash lifting and lash extensions are definitely very popular along with the brow lamination so you can easily build a business with those but dont forget that there are a lot of therapists who “just” offer lash extensions and still fill their diary without any problems so dont put yourself under too much pressure to take on too many new things at once x

You are doing the right thing by booking one course at a time so you can learn and practice that treatment before taking on the next one. It will also help with cash flow as your earnings from the first course/treatments will help pay towards the next treatment you are taking on.
Lash lifting and lash extensions are definitely very popular along with the brow lamination so you can easily build a business with those but dont forget that there are a lot of therapists who “just” offer lash extensions and still fill their diary without any problems so dont put yourself under too much pressure to take on too many new things at once x

Hi thank you so much for the reply! Yes i’d like to do brows eventually once i’m feeling more confident.

How do I go about tax? I don’t want to quit my current job for at least a year so will be doing lashes on the side on my day off and weekends. X

Hi thank you so much for the reply! Yes i’d like to do brows eventually once i’m feeling more confident.

How do I go about tax? I don’t want to quit my current job for at least a year so will be doing lashes on the side on my day off and weekends. X

I would speak to an accountant as they will be able to help you with your expenses and what you can put through so you can maximise on your earnings overall x

Are we allowed to do lashes if we aren't licensed estheticians yet or we just can't do them in a salon?

It depends on your State I'm in Arizona and you have to be licensed.

One thing at a time.
Practice on anyone you can.
It's not easy. You will need about 10hours mannequin practice to learn how to hold your tools safely and effectively.
Continue to learn online and from other trainers.. ur one training may not be enough. Many trainers are really just scam artists (don't become one of those.....).

Latest posts

Back