Help going for 1st spray tan and can't remember what they said about moisturising! Lo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florriedee

Reaction score
Hi All I'm going for my 1st spray tan (St Tropez) and I know I'm not supposed to wear deodorant, perfume make up etc... but I can't remeber if I should moisturise my dry bit or not! I really don't want either really dark or reallt light elbows and knee1 help? Lxs! I'm going to a wedding on friday! Lol Can any one help! Lx:rolleyes:

Don't moisturise on the day but you can exfoliate and moisturise in the days leading up to the tan. The moisturiser may act as a barrier on the day, tell the therapist if you have areas of dry skin and she should moisturise them, or she may put moisturiser on anyway as part of her treatment.:hug:

Thanks! She did put moisturiser on and I didn't as I thought best not to! However she didn't give me any after care advice but I imagine I am supposed to exfoliate and moisturise and stuff? As you can tell I'm not trained in spray tanning! lol! I have had a spray tan b4 but it was about 5 yrs ago and I can't remember stuff from last wekk let alone years ago! What does everyone/anyone else say to their clients? I did ask but didn't get an answer ( really not too impressed with the salon frankly! Especially as it all seemed to happen in a store room too! Is that normal? Does everyone else spray in a store room? Lx

hi after care advice:
leave the tan on for 8 hours or overnight if possible before taking a bath or shower.
Avoid applying moisturiser or deodarents until the tan has developed.
avoid wearing tight clothing for at least 8 hours
all swimming, showering or vigorous exercise must be avoided after the tan for at least 8 hours until the tan has developed
do not shave/wax for 12 hrs after your spray tan
do not sit on light furniture/fabric until you have had your first shower
try to avoid touching your skin with your hands as you will mark your tan and transfer the colour on to your hands
once your development time and you have showered moisturise regularly to prolong your tan/also to avoid it going patchy
avoid long hot baths, as they speed up exfoliation. have a quick shower
pat th skin dry after bathing
avoid swimming pools or sea water as it can reduce the tan
exfoliate after 4/5 days

that is the information I give to anyone who comes to me for a spray tan (handout) to take home/also go through it with them before they leave to make sure they know what to do. also I use a colour guide so I explain it will come of in the shower and it is not the tan coming of. also I mention about clothing and bedding sheets.
hope this helps.

:) hi great advice you just give i have only been doing spray tans few weeks spray tanned some one last week was her first time told the girl about after care, thought she was listening, then 3 hours later she rang me saying she had a driving lesson & the seat belt took the tan off was upset as was going out that evening so felt sorry for her so did white bits again. never heard how the tan turned out after , i explained the white bits i re done would develop to cover white bits . any one else had this problem? & :rolleyes:A question does it develop to same colour with this problem or does it go patchy ? .

I'm shocked she didn't give you after care advice!:irked:

How are you supposed to know what to do?

:eek:

Frankly thats what I thought! I'm very glad that I knew about this site or I would have been up the creek as it were! Lol! The tan went streaky anyway but that could have been just me - really dark backs of my knees for instance! No idea why the backs should have been darker but hey who am I! Lol Thanks for all your advice btw geeks!

Latest posts

Back