help!! greenie or not greenie!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuggles

Reaction score
hello i need your help!!

i had a client come in today, a regular of mine has had nails on with me for about 2 months, the other week she came in and had slightly cracked one but the cracked bit was still attached, so it was best for me to soak it off. once it was removed there was a green stain, now i have seen a 'greenie' before and did not really look like it. She told me that the hand towels she uses at work are the same colour and thought it could have been that.
like i said it didn't look like a greenie but now i think of it i am not too sure, what do you geeks think?? it was a real pale green, like a stain but she said it was exactually the same colour as these cheap towels they use at work.

i really need your advice what shall i tell her to do, i put another set on and said i will get in contact when i have thought about it, what shall i advise her to do.

ta sweeties!! x xx x

Sounds like one that has just started, so you caught it in the nick of time, so long as you have given it a really good clean with scrubfresh it shouldn't get any worse and the stain will just grow out hth

It is likely that it would have been a 'greenie', simply because the environment would have been suitable.... inside a crack, nice and warm and moist, etc,etc,

When this has happened to me, Once I have removed the product, I would:

1. Throw away the file I used on the nail, and not use it on any others.
2. Sanitise the nail thoroughly
3. Disinfect the work area thoroughly (obviously removing any towels for a high temperature wash)
4. Using steriliesd tools, re-prep and carry out a new set of enhancements as normal..

I would make a note on the records of the incident, even though it may not be a greenie, you should treat it as though it is. Keep an eye on the client to ensure no re-ocurrence. and advise that if she should even suspect that she has another she should return immediately.

If you are unsure of any aspect, it would be best to remove the enhancements and not re-apply, but there should be no reason not to re-apply as long as your prep is thorough! The staining is simply the after effect, e.g. feaces, of the bacteria. Once you have cleaned it up the stain will usually stay, but will grow out over time.

Hope this helps

Sue x

thanks for the replies.

welsh geek when you say prep properly, what do you mean??
today i soaked off the nail so the acetone really dried out the nail i then sprayed the nail with NSI sanitiser and prepped as i usually do, disposed of everything after, but is there anything else i can do.
scrub fresh is a product by creative am i right? is there anything else on the market like it i use NSI and EZ flow?

i think maybe nail pure nsi is the equivalent to scrubfresh , it dehydrates and has anti bacterial properties, anyone correct me if i am wrong!:)

I had the same thing last night.
One of my regulars (she likes to have just white tips) had removed her previous set a week b4 I was due to give her a new set. I noticed some green staining on 2 of her nails (different hands). She said it was when she applied St Tropez lotion and it must have seeped under the acrylic at the free edge. The thing is the stain seemed to be in the middle of her nail. I have never came accross a "greenie" in 5 years of working so I took her word for it.
I have been wondering all day if it is in fact a "greenie" caused by moisture seeping into a gap beween the nail and tip?
I used nsi nail pure plus, as I always do, and gave her a new set.
I did make a note on client record sheet.
Maybe someone on here knows if St Tropez could have caused this?

thanks for the replies.

welsh geek when you say prep properly, what do you mean??
today i soaked off the nail so the acetone really dried out the nail i then sprayed the nail with NSI sanitiser and prepped as i usually do, disposed of everything after, but is there anything else i can do.
scrub fresh is a product by creative am i right? is there anything else on the market like it i use NSI and EZ flow?

once the product is removed and the nail is cleansed, the bacterial infection will be removed. you may still see some staining, but this is inactive as its just the waste product of the bacteria that causes the discolouration.
you have taken all the neccessary precautions and there shouldnt be any further problem. just keep monitoring the nail and check that the discolouration does not spread.

Definately sounds like a greenie starting tbh.
EzFlow have Ez Bond which is used as a nail dehydrator.
Good luck x

i used acetone as i needed to soak them off that really dehydrated the nail, i then sprayed NSI sanitize over the whole nail and used EZ bond before i applied the tip again. do you think this is sufficient enough, how do u know if you caught it if it still leaves a green stain? x

i used acetone as i needed to soak them off that really dehydrated the nail, i then sprayed NSI sanitize over the whole nail and used EZ bond before i applied the tip again. do you think this is sufficient enough, how do u know if you caught it if it still leaves a green stain? x

you just need to keep an eye on it, if the stain worsens, then the bacteria are still present.
i think it highly unlikely that it would still be present after what you did.
you did everything right so try not to worry.

I had the same thing last night.
One of my regulars (she likes to have just white tips) had removed her previous set a week b4 I was due to give her a new set. I noticed some green staining on 2 of her nails (different hands). She said it was when she applied St Tropez lotion and it must have seeped under the acrylic at the free edge. The thing is the stain seemed to be in the middle of her nail. I have never came accross a "greenie" in 5 years of working so I took her word for it.
I have been wondering all day if it is in fact a "greenie" caused by moisture seeping into a gap beween the nail and tip?
I used nsi nail pure plus, as I always do, and gave her a new set.
I did make a note on client record sheet.
Maybe someone on here knows if St Tropez could have caused this?
If your client experienced the greenie in the middle of the nail then I would suggest this might have been caused by pocket lifting.

.....pocket lifting can also result in greenies, even though there isn't any sidewall or cuticle lifting, the lifting is usually a pocket (opaque looking) in the middle of the nail.

If this is disregarded greenies can happen, because, although the nail plate was sanitised before product application, it was only that, sanitised, reducing the maximum amount of pathogens on the surface.....so there will still be some there and if they get the chance, with a little pocket of air, they will go for it and multiply.

Pocket lifting in the main is caused by using too a wet ratio causing excessive shrinking of product as it cures or making enhancements too thick over time....as in too much product during rebalance making a build up of product....they can also be caused by vigorous filing over old product during rebalance and sometimes by a knock by the client.

HTH

Latest posts

Back