Help! greeny?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barty

Reaction score
Help please. A regular client of mine has experienced centre pocket lifting on her thumb nail after her last two visits. The second time it has happened she noticed a yellowy greeny hue on her natural nail so she soaked off the enhancement (she has just phoned to tell me this). I think this sounds like a "greeny" where bacteria has got under the acrylic but I have never encountered this before. She is booked for rebalance in 1 week and says she will leave her thumb "naked" until then to give it a breather. Am I safe to go ahead and tip and overlay as normal when she comes for her next appointment? Is there anything I can do to get rid of the green stain on her natural nail? Also, why would she suddenly get centre pocket lifting on the same nail twice? I can't think of anything I might have done differently. I use all Creative products and always scrubfresh prior to application.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks, Barty

Hi ya babe, check you ratio, if it is to wet then product shrinks more then it should and cause pocket lifting.....................
When she comes back for her service, you can lightly buff the stain with an old 240 abrasive,but easy does it, chances it will have faided a great deal by the time she comes back to you, as the bacteria has nothing left to feed on.............. scrubfresh and proceed with the overlay.....
And chuck the old used 240 in the bin !!!!!!!!
HTH

Wow that was a quick! Thanks v much for your help, Ruth.

You are very welcome and good luck Hun xxxxx

Make sure the thumb is completely dry prior to re-application of the product. Do not use too much ScrubFresh ... just the normal amount ... for if the nail is wet even with ScrubFresh, it can cause problems.

Your client is probably 'doing' something with that thumb nail. Like using it when cleaning things etc. Constantly putting pressure on and bending the nail can cause pocket lifting too.

It is perfectly Ok to overlay the nail, even if the 'stain' is still present.
If the overlay has been removed, then the stain is the result of the infection and its presence does not mean that the bacteria are still present ... they are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back