Help-hair colour question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurensbeauty

Reaction score
Just popped over from the beauty side... So just had my hair done by my friend who's been fully qualified in hair for 3 years, it looked great when I left and I get home tie my hair up and it looks like this!!!!!! she has NO space to touch it up for 2 weeks I'm actually crying!
I know she used wella special blonde 12/11 with 6% developer (so she tells me)

shall I just go buy a box die????

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409587836.256467.jpg

You trained in hair didn't you?

My advice is go to another hairdresser to fix it.

You trained in hair didn't you?

My advice is go to another hairdresser to fix it.

Yeah I did a colour course but I'm hopeless with colour corrections this is why I'm in a panic, I don't know if I buy the same dye will it work?
i can't afford another expensive trip to the hairdressers as it's costing me a bomb each time :( ah so stressed

Im sorry - whats the problem with the color?. Cant really tell from that picture.. color doesnt remove color, so relax.. you're gonna make it worse.. let it sit for a while..and tell us what the problem is?

Im sorry - whats the problem with the color?. Cant really tell from that picture.. color doesnt remove color, so relax.. you're gonna make it worse.. let it sit for a while..and tell us what the problem is?

My roots are yellow when I tie my hair up and my hair is grey :(

How dark was your natural root? Looks like 6% hasn't een strong enough to lift your root, and 12/11 is really strong ash which has grabbed on to your ends and turned them silver. The silver tone will fade from your ends, try shampooing it with voseen. As for the golden root, go to another hairdresser. Wouldn't recommend colouring it yourself.

How dark was your natural root? Looks like 6% hasn't een strong enough to lift your root, and 12/11 is really strong ash which has grabbed on to your ends and turned them silver. The silver tone will fade from your ends, try shampooing it with voseen. As for the golden root, go to another hairdresser. Wouldn't recommend colouring it yourself.

This was my hair before it jut looks awful, I just washed it with the fabuloso purple conditioner and about to dry it to see my fate now :(

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409592476.073420.jpg

So your hair is purple and you washed with purple shampoo??? Why???

Fabuloso is so strong too. Do you know about porosity etc if you trained in colour? Call your hairdresser. They should fix this free of charge (although not the damage you've caused by using Fabuloso)

So your hair is purple and you washed with purple shampoo??? Why???

Fabuloso is so strong too. Do you know about porosity etc if you trained in colour? Call your hairdresser. They should fix this free of charge (although not the damage you've caused by using Fabuloso)

she told me to use the fabuloso she sold me ages ago I've only just used that as she couldn't fit me in so I haven't caused this myself thanks

After using the fabuloso my hair is better! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409593148.268886.jpg
slightly darker grey but it's better than what it was!

Im not a hair geek but if it looked ok when you left when it was down then why not wear it down until she can correct it? I know, not ideal..but..It's got to be better than messing with it at home. If you've visibly tried to correct yourself then she might not be willing to correct it again afterwards..just like we would be reluctant to do so if it was with anything beauty related.

That said, If I made a mistake I'd be mortified & so quick to return and correct it! Hope you get sorted!

Im not a hair geek but if it looked ok when you left when it was down then why not wear it down until she can correct it? I know, not ideal..but..It's got to be better than messing with it at home. If you've visibly tried to correct yourself then she might not be willing to correct it again afterwards..just like we would be reluctant to do so if it was with anything beauty related.

That said, If I made a mistake I'd be mortified & so quick to return and correct it! Hope you get sorted!

I've followed her advice with the fabuloso and it looks okay, it's so difficult having my hair down as a beautician as I do a lot of pedis so my hair goes all in my face it's a nightmare guess I'll have to stick it out for now 😢

Ask for your money back so that another hairdresser can fix it.

Interesting that you posted that your going onto do level 3 hair, but posted this in consumer queries asking if you should use a box dye.

Interesting that you posted that your going onto do level 3 hair, but posted this in consumer queries asking if you should use a box dye.

I was joking about the box dye

And I posted it in hair but it was moved

Your ends looked grey. If your hairdresser told you to use purple shampoo, she has no clue what she's doing. You ends are so porous that the tint has turned them grey. Purple shampoo might cool the warmth at ur root but will make ur ends worse than they already are. I would ask for a refund and go to someone else. If cost is an issue contact local training school or salons for training classes where it would be done under supervision at a lower cost.

Lauren, can I just point out..again, you constantly contradict yourself on every thread you post, you can't do a level 3 hair course based on a 12 week colour course from salon services.
http://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?p=2273028

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Personally i think this was done herself.

Shes made several posts about using a highlift as a toner so I don't see why this time was a surprise.

Roots have probably been home bleached incorrectly the toned with a 12 and this the result.

After using the fabuloso my hair is better! View attachment 74088
slightly darker grey but it's better than what it was!

Hi, in the first photo your hair has very light(if slightly yellow) roots and after using a purple shampoo, your roots have gone this dark? Very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back