Help! Hair disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughty_nails

Reaction score
Any tips for making THE worst hair cut in the world look any better, it's short and messy and horrible! Really rude staff as well, i said i wanted to keep my long hair and they took about 6 inches off, not happy, its ruined my weekend! :cry:

oh you poor thing. go back to the hairdressers and really complain.

have not got any tips on styling it as i have not seen any pictures. but demand that it cut in to a reasonable style that you can manage, and demand your money back.

the best thing out of this awful situation is that it will grow back! You poor thing though. I would also probably ring first and give them a peice of your mind (tell them exactly what you told us). They need to be told, its not good enough.

Oh no! I have really long hair and used to dread going to a hairdressers as they all seemed to want to cut it all off!!!

Luckily I have found a hairdresser who cuts it how I want it!

Definatly go back to the salon, maybe they can sort it out

I've just had mine done and feel similarly upset! Half head of highlights and colours, turned my hair ashy green, which the stylist only noticed as she was drying it. So she went to consult her colleagues and they rewashed it with a red coloured conditioner, to get rid of the 'green tinge'. My hair is very blond and porous at the ends and consequently I now have pink patches in the mid and end sections which she said 'should wash out in the next few washes'!!!!

She thought it would be ok to let me leave the salon with pink hair rather than green, and her colleagues all agreed it looked 'much better'. For this I paid £129 and even left a tip. I am so disappointed.

I know it sounds pathetic but I didn't really know who to blame, the colourist who had turned it green or the stylist who turned it pink. And when you've spent 3 hours chatting with them, its difficult to say WTF have you done!!!!!!

So sitting here contemplating getting the Head and Shoulders out to strip as much of the colour as possible, or going back next week to complain. I know I should have done it at the time, but I had to get back for the school run, and I was so upset in the salon that I just wanted to leave.

I don't even know if I trust them to rectify it. What do you think?

Sorry to hear that, hope this makes you smile but my grandad says theres only 2 weeks difference between a good & a bad haircut.:)

sweet heart you have just spent a lot money for something that you are not happy with.
colour is not gaurenteed, but you should not have greann/pink hair unless you have asked for it.
phone them tomorrow and speak to the manager. ask to come in wehen the stylist has a day off and get them to put it right and get your money back.

we, as a nation do not complain enough for substandard work.

hey sugababe

I know this is a bit mad sounding but I had the same thing one and my mate who is a hairdresser told me to wash my hair in washing up liquid, then shampoo and conditioner. It worked for mine but Im no pro!!!
hope this helps

you poor thing.....definatly go back and complain ! Make them style it to a hair do you can manage short and pray it grows back quickly ...
Melissa

mobile nail tec said:
sweet heart you have just spent a lot money for something that you are not happy with.
colour is not gaurenteed, but you should not have greann/pink hair unless you have asked for it.
phone them tomorrow and speak to the manager. ask to come in wehen the stylist has a day off and get them to put it right and get your money back.

we, as a nation do not complain enough for substandard work.

I know! I was really fuming when I came out, but I just hate conflict and didn't know what to say. The girls who did coloured and cut were really nice people, and I am happy with the cut, but the colour is just ridiculous! I asked for natural, honey, golden, warm tones - NOT ASH, and certainly not PINK!

Will wash it tomorrow, and then give them a call. Its such a lot of money, if I'd stuck to the usual local salon it would have been half the price and more natural!!!!!

I guess I'm just not tough enough - I never know what to say. And I hate how the stylist always gets colleagues to wander past and say how great it looks - sure sign that something ain't right!!!

my grandad says theres only 2 weeks difference between a good & a bad haircut.:)[/quote]

grandad is a very funny guy x

sugarbabe said:
I've just had mine done and feel similarly upset! Half head of highlights and colours, turned my hair ashy green, which the stylist only noticed as she was drying it. So she went to consult her colleagues and they rewashed it with a red coloured conditioner, to get rid of the 'green tinge'. My hair is very blond and porous at the ends and consequently I now have pink patches in the mid and end sections which she said 'should wash out in the next few washes'!!!!

She thought it would be ok to let me leave the salon with pink hair rather than green, and her colleagues all agreed it looked 'much better'. For this I paid £129 and even left a tip. I am so disappointed.

I know it sounds pathetic but I didn't really know who to blame, the colourist who had turned it green or the stylist who turned it pink. And when you've spent 3 hours chatting with them, its difficult to say WTF have you done!!!!!!

So sitting here contemplating getting the Head and Shoulders out to strip as much of the colour as possible, or going back next week to complain. I know I should have done it at the time, but I had to get back for the school run, and I was so upset in the salon that I just wanted to leave.

I don't even know if I trust them to rectify it. What do you think?

I would be straight outside the salon in the morning never mind next week demanding that the manager put it right and at the very least give me my money back to go somewhere else to get it corrected !!

Do these people not realise what a persons hair means to that person when they wreck it, or is it that they just dont give a damn and want £129 for the priviledge??:cry:

I must admit I found it quite hard to get a hairdresser that I could trust and I have held on to her for dear life :)

I hope you both get the results that you want, definately ring them in the morning to speak to the person in charge, see if you can get someone to take a photo as well, stand your ground and dont be fobbed off.

Naughty Nails, I feel your pain! And its difficult to go back to the place that scalped you and ask them to make it better!!! If I find any decent hats to cover my pink hair I will pm you!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back