Help! Hair extension are wrong colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LisaHall

Reaction score
After some advice please, yesterday I had hair extensions fitted at a cost of £450. I went in to the salon 4 weeks ago to be colour matched and wanted curly extensions. Lady assured me she could bleach the extensions to match my own hair . Well…. After spending 4 hrs getting them fitted I went home and within 2 hrs was sat in a different salon (closer to home) getting them removed. The colour simply did not match and also it feels like straw. As soon as I got home my husbands jaw dropped and my daughter said they don’t match your hair! In hindsight I should have said at the time I wasn’t happy but I thought maybe I could go home, fiddle around with the curls a bit and get it blended but the entire tone is different. What would you recommend I do, such a waste of money but I did leave the salon without complaining?

After some advice please, yesterday I had hair extensions fitted at a cost of £450. I went in to the salon 4 weeks ago to be colour matched and wanted curly extensions. Lady assured me she could bleach the extensions to match my own hair . Well…. After spending 4 hrs getting them fitted I went home and within 2 hrs was sat in a different salon (closer to home) getting them removed. The colour simply did not match and also it feels like straw. As soon as I got home my husbands jaw dropped and my daughter said they don’t match your hair! In hindsight I should have said at the time I wasn’t happy but I thought maybe I could go home, fiddle around with the curls a bit and get it blended but the entire tone is different. What would you recommend I do, such a waste of money but I did leave the salon without complaining?
My client get 48 hours to complain generally. But obviously I use my discretion.... If after a week they're not happy with how the colour has faded and I knew the colour wasn't perfect when they left then maybe I'd redo it. But in your case this is the case of them kind of trying to Palm you off. They would have known they didn't match before you left.
Depending on how long it's been I'd call them and explain you're not happy and ask to call in for them to look at it.
Although if you've had the extensions removed they may not be able to do anything now.

If you paid by credit card can you dispute since you did not receive the product you paid for? Then use that money on a better place?

If you paid by credit card can you dispute since you did not receive the product you paid for? Then use that money on a better place?
The credit card company would usually advise you try to resolve the issue with the retailer first

Hi was it four weeks from having a colour match to having them fitted?

Having them removed was a mistake , you really should have just gone straight back to they could clearly see the problem ( yes I’m sure they must have anyway right? ) they may well use that a a get out Claus. U kept the hair though and didn’t throw it away? Take that back so they can see the colour/ quality and give them a chance to sort it out before you do anything else. Xx

Latest posts

Back