Help, hair extensions advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbs

Love your hair by jo
Reaction score
Hi guys.. I would be really greatful if some advice on this please...

So basically I have a client yesterday that messaged me to say all her tapes had slipped out of her hair after she washed it.. (first time she washed it since the new fitting) I advised her that this has happened in the past when the batches are new and it’s no problem I would come and correct it for her today.. I won’t boar you with the ins and outs of the lengthy convos but it’s ended up in her slating me over social media (Facebook) but not giving my name unless I give her a full refund.. she said iv also given her chemical burns to her scalp and also posted pictures of a sore...... I mean seriously what chemicals are in tapes!!!!! I advised some people can have a reaction to extensions within the first couple of weeks and that’s all that would be.. Errrrr the problem is people believe this stuff don’t they and she had lots of comments from people telling her how discussing and unprofessional I am and she should name and shame me!!! I really wanted to comment and say my bit but thought it would be best to leave it and rarther than tarnish my name over face book I thought it would just be easier to back down and give her her money back.. [emoji85][emoji85] I’m really just wanted your thoughts on this.. should I have backed down or stood my ground as technically iv done nothing wrong other than her tapes all falling out which I offered to correct!
People can be so cruel and in all the years doing this iv never found myself in a position where I’m being black mailed! Iv been doing hair extensions for over 5 years now and I have a very healthy client base and iv never found my self in this position.. I spent the whole day crying yesterday from the vile messages being posted from people on face book and it’s really made me not want to do my job any More [emoji22]

Hi guys.. I would be really greatful if some advice on this please...

So basically I have a client yesterday that messaged me to say all her tapes had slipped out of her hair after she washed it.. (first time she washed it since the new fitting) I advised her that this has happened in the past when the batches are new and it’s no problem I would come and correct it for her today.. I won’t boar you with the ins and outs of the lengthy convos but it’s ended up in her slating me over social media (Facebook) but not giving my name unless I give her a full refund.. she said iv also given her chemical burns to her scalp and also posted pictures of a sore...... I mean seriously what chemicals are in tapes!!!!! I advised some people can have a reaction to extensions within the first couple of weeks and that’s all that would be.. Errrrr the problem is people believe this stuff don’t they and she had lots of comments from people telling her how discussing and unprofessional I am and she should name and shame me!!! I really wanted to comment and say my bit but thought it would be best to leave it and rarther than tarnish my name over face book I thought it would just be easier to back down and give her her money back.. [emoji85][emoji85] I’m really just wanted your thoughts on this.. should I have backed down or stood my ground as technically iv done nothing wrong other than her tapes all falling out which I offered to correct!
People can be so cruel and in all the years doing this iv never found myself in a position where I’m being black mailed! Iv been doing hair extensions for over 5 years now and I have a very healthy client base and iv never found my self in this position.. I spent the whole day crying yesterday from the vile messages being posted from people on face book and it’s really made me not want to do my job any More [emoji22]

Bless your heart! I know Facebook can be really helpful but it can also be a vile place when it comes to ‘slagging’ people and their business off! If that was me I think I would have messaged her asked her (in a professional manner) to take it down. I bet in her whole post she missed out the bit where you said you would come and fix them for her, and correct me if I’m wrong because I don’t do tapes but they don’t have any chemicals on them? Did she colour her hair before ? Because that may be why!

I hope you wrote down everything you did and took pictures of before and after incase she tries to take it further legally.

I was scrolling through my newsfeed on Facebook the other week and I seen a similar situation apart from the woman actually named and shamed the salon, to which I went onto their business page and had seen they retaliated but in a professional way, and put all of their conversation on the page. I wouldn’t suggest this.. but the salon proved the woman didn’t have a leg to stand on.

This is absolutely disgusting, what is wrong with people? I’ve had this before and it makes me so anxious because it’s uncalled for. It’s so bloody easy to post poop on social media to get what they want. Unfortunately some clients can be vile and take everything for granted and won’t stop. For this client it may be worth just refunding her because it’s not worth the stress and the anxiety to you. I hate social media because there’s trolls all over it wanted to get more than they paid for.
It’s not worth the stress, you’re clearly very good at your job and have good suppliers if this is the first time this has happened and it’s not even your fault xxx

Thanks guys i really appreciate you taking the time to reply iv been so upset about it! Iv given In and given her a full refund as I was completely backed into a corner.. even the local administrator for the group on Facebook posted ‘I know who you are and I will shame you if you don’t give a full refund! ‘ seriously !!! No one has even listened to my side of the story just the lies that she posted.. the fact that I offered to come over the next day and sort it out she failed to mention that bit! I have a healthy client base of over 200 girls which iv built up over the years and I felt like asking each and everyone of them to make a testimonial on the feed for me.. but I thought I’d be the bigger person and just let it go but I’m so hurt and angry it’s disgusting behaviour and I wouldn’t want anyone to go through that! Again I Appreciate your comments guys it really does help xxxx

The admin of this group said this? Are you for real? you should report the whole page, admins must remain impartial or it becomes a hate group. My god I thought I heard it all.

this is clearly an issue with her. Tapes are only meant to last for short time doesn’t hold like permanent methods. She could of pulled them out which caused the red marks!! I feel for you, just remember that it’s happened to the best of us, no matter how much advice and guidance we give, it’s never enough for these people. Let them move on to the next person, they’ll have the same issue xx

The admin of this group said this? Are you for real? you should report the whole page, admins must remain impartial or it becomes a hate group. My god I thought I heard it all.

this is clearly an issue with her. Tapes are only meant to last for short time doesn’t hold like permanent methods. She could of pulled them out which caused the red marks!! I feel for you, just remember that it’s happened to the best of us, no matter how much advice and guidance we give, it’s never enough for these people. Let them move on to the next person, they’ll have the same issue xx

Thanks holly...
yes the administrator !!! I was literally as shocked as you....
So the hair extension company I get the extensions from have recently been having issues with the glue on there tapes not being sticky enough so they’ve had to change a lot of there batches by retaping all there tapes.. they’ve been very open and honest about this which is why I advised her after they were fitted that there had been a few cases of this and said but please let me know if there’s any issues.. and she certainly did let me know !! I knew I shouldn’t probably get so upset about it but I do because I generally care about my work and what people think about me.. but your absolutely right holly I should just let her move on to the next person ! Xx

Nightmare. Yes if the supplier is having issues, at least you’ve been honest and open about it. Unfortunately some clients will take advantage of that and it looks like she has xx

Latest posts

Back