Help Hair (ive Made A Bad Mistake)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelle25

Reaction score
Ive gone and used a home dying kit (which usually turns out ok) but Ive picked up the wrong colour this time, and it looks more black than dark red :cry: :cry:

Ive got a date on Thursday and I need to remove some of it, please help :eek: Ive already used some Washing up liquid on it but its not shifting it.:mad:

ooohhhh im sorry to hear wots happend and to make it worse a date coming up!!!!! u poor girly, i sorry i dont use hair dye so i cant help you but heres a :hug: to make you feel a little better im sure loads of geeks can help you out, xx

A hairdresser should be able to help correct it, doing anything else could make it worse-I would go to a professional. Hope you get it sorted.

I would go to a hairdresser. I decided once that I would go from chesnut brown back to blonde and it went pink.

My 5 year old thought it was fab!!

Teri x:eek:

I would go to a hairdresser. I decided once that I would go from chesnut brown back to blonde and it went pink.

My 5 year old thought it was fab!!

Teri x:eek:

if that had happened to me i would of cried and wore a hate until it went!!! i like pink but not for hair!!

Hi

I would defo get the professionals on it.

I once put a brown on top of my blonde highlights and it went green!!!:green:

I also had pink hair once through another disaster!

xx

Black hair is fab! I dyed my hair black once by mistake and ive kept it ever since! My hair is naturally very dark but black hair shines so much is fab!

I have had my fair share of hair disasters and at the time it is so not funny but when you look back its one of the funniest things ever! When i was about 15 i had to get my hair all bleached and then dyed gradually back to brown! It had turned out a dark purple colour and i could have got a job in the circus if i had tried!

Anyway best of luck, i would phone the hairdresser or wash it lots with anti dandruff shampoo - someone told me it lifted some colour.

:hug:

it depends if it was a semi or a permanent color ?? do you know which you used ? i would go to the hairdresser they will be able to lift so it doesnt look as bad , hth dee xd

A friend of mine uses anti dandruff shampoo to tone her hair colour down if it does not turn out the colour she wants. She said that it always works for her..

There is something you can get from Boots to lessen it if you can't afford a trip to the salon, it's a colour corrector thing - I'll have a look on the website to see if I can find it....

A friend of mine uses anti dandruff shampoo to tone her hair colour down if it does not turn out the colour she wants. She said that it always works for her..

I have heard of this one too. Infact, I done it on my lovely flouresent pink hair!

I have heard of this one too. Infact, I done it on my lovely flouresent pink hair!

This actually works - Head and Shoulders is best - I've had to use it to fix a messed up colour before. Can't find the colour corrector thing but if you go into Boots and ask, they will probably be able to help you...

HTH

Go to a professional !

If you still have the packaging from the dye you will find they have a helpline number on there for these sort of disasters, look for the number and give them a call they will tell you the best plan of action, good luck hun and hope your date goes well :hug:

Yes, ring the haidressers.. dont be embarrassed either, they rectify things all the time.
#My mum used to have clients come in, and end up staying with her!

They'll probably do a 'bleach wash' on it too lighten it up a few shades.

Goodluck. Hope you get it sorted befor ethat date!!
Otherwise, it could be a good ice breaker! :green:

Head & Shoulders Original is the one to use. In the winter I usually darken my hair to a very dark red brown (3.22) and I always get a shock when it's first done.
Try using a bit of bronzer on your face and define your eyes more, it then looks fab. Go have a makeover at one of the beauty counters to get some ideas. I'll bet you'll like your colour more if you do.
My friends always tease me, saying I turn into this vampy glossy creature every October.:Grope:

I used to be a hairdresser (many years ago) and like everyone has mentioned up above go to a professional.

You could try

baby shampoo
head & shoulders
washing up liquid

etc but they won't help that much and if you over do it you'll dry out not only your hair but your scalp too.

Sally's do a colour corrector that you can use. I know a friend of mine wanted to go a certain colour and I got a phone call to say help I've gone as ginger as a carrot.

She didn't want to go to the hairdressers so I took her to Sally's and we found a product (for the life of me can't remember its name). She went home and used it and it actually did work.

Most hairdressers will just put another colour over the top or they may even use the colour stripper that my friend used and then apply another colour.

Hope I've helped a little x

I dont really want to go to a hairdressers, as they will just strip my hair and I know it will ruin it :cry:

It isnt actually that bad, it just needs to be abit lighter!!! I think I will try Head & Shoulders see if that works, its only semi perm.

Thank you soooooo much for all your stories they cheered me up :) shouldnt laugh really.... youve all been a really good help :hug: to you all

I dont really want to go to a hairdressers, as they will just strip my hair and I know it will ruin it :cry:

im sure a reputable hairdressser isn't going to ruin your hair!!!
they probably get loads of people in with DIY hair colours that didn't turn out how they were supposed too. Why not pop into your hairdressers and have a word or a free consultation see what they say xx

Latest posts

Back