Help! Having trouble with party nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kerrylisa

Reaction score
Hi All

Please could any one advise me on this problem? I have been using 'party nails' with gel no problems, but when i try to use it with acrylic L&P it wont stick to the white tip, it gives an oil in water effect if you know what I mean? :? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kerrylisa :D

kerrylisa said:
Hi All

Please could any one advise me on this problem? I have been using 'party nails' with gel no problems, but when i try to use it with acrylic L&P it wont stick to the white tip, it gives an oil in water effect if you know what I mean? :? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kerrylisa :D

I dont understand - what do you mean by "party nails" - if you explain your procedure then maybe someone can lend some assistance.

naturalnails said:
I dont understand - what do you mean by "party nails" - if you explain your procedure then maybe someone can lend some assistance.

I think she is refering to temporary enhancements.
If this is the case, the most likely culprit is that you need to take the shine off of the tip for best results. Make sure there is no surface oil or contaminants as well as that will prevent it from adhering...

Though saying that... Im amazed you dont have problems with the gel and you do with L&P. Gel is far more testy about the surface it is applied too.

Hope that helps

The Nail Geek said:
I think she is refering to temporary enhancements.
If this is the case, the most likely culprit is that you need to take the shine off of the tip for best results. Make sure there is no surface oil or contaminants as well as that will prevent it from adhering...

Thanks Sam,

This may sound daft but, I understood that temporary or party nails were just blended tips with maybe some resin and a bit of varnish. I was confused by the mention of gel and L&P in connection with temporary enhancements.

I was wondering if my hollybags have addled my brain LOL

The party nails you are using are most likely acetate tips rather than ABS plastic. There is MUCH more oil in acetate than ABS which is why they don't adhere very well with EC adhesive and why the product doesn't stick very well to them and why professionals always use ABS (which ... in case any of you are interested ... stands for ... wait for it ... Acrylonitril Butadene Styrene!!! :o

Now not many people know that so memorize it and astound all your friends!! :study:

As GMG says, it helps somewhat to take the shine off so that the product will key a little better. But acetate tips are pretty pants really ... very bendy and very cheap!

Thankyou for all your replies, but the tips are ABS and not acetate and if I try to buff the shine off, the white on the tips come off, these tips are such a pain but the young girls love them, and they are great for nail biters. Most the ladies that I have done want the french manicure look but when they come to me with NO natural nails, I can't put my white tips on as they look silly on bitten nails!! maybe I will have to find another tip similar? Any suggestions? Please be gentle with me as I am a newbie tech! So I am still learning. Thanks all!

Kerrylisa

Well Kerrylisa,
This has got me a little confused...........
What we call part nails are stick on nails, they cover the whole nail and are just used for a few days wear. Usualy Acetate..........

But then you have pre air brushed nails, they are ABS plastic and designed to be put on the nail like a tip, lightly blended at the well area and then overlayed usualy with gel or clear acryic, so the pattern is protected ....
Makes this nail enhancement more permanent and they require maintenance, infills in other words...........

You can always put a tip on overlay it and then paint on the french, or any arty design you or they may want .........But this will also be a more permant Enhancement and will require infills ........... so not so temporary ......

Just a thought

love Ruth xxxxxxxxx

Hi Ruth

Thanks for that, I am sorry for confusing alot of you with this!! They are white tips with clear wells, but when trying to blend them in the surface becomes scratched and the white comes off very easily! I call then party nails because thats what I was led to believe they were called! :oops: As they are quite delicate and don't seem to last long! So in other words these are pre airbrushed nails? But still I can't get the acrylic to stick! Sorry I am still learning! :?

Kerrylisa

Ok now thats cleared up lol ..........
So why not try this.........
Apply tip after all prepping has been done.................
Apply two coats of resin, buff with white buffing block, then apply the overlay...............
Give that a go...............
love Ruth xxxxxxxx

Ahh Ruth you are an angel! Why didn't I think of that? I will try that tomorrow, thanks a tonne :D

Kerrylisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back