HELP! holiday plaits glued in!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherubs

Reaction score
Can anyone help......Please? Just come back from Egypt, while we were there my 7yr old had some plaits done in her hair, the whole of the front of her head!!, she's going back to school tommorow and I need to get them out, the only thing is I think they've been glued instead of the tiny little bands they normally use:eek::eek:
If anyone remembers the babyliss colour hair extensions I think this is how they've been put in.
Is there anything that I can use (preferably something lying around the house) that will dissolve the stuff??
I've managed to get 1 out but as i had to cut through it it's also cut her hair:eek: and then i still had to pull at it cos it's kinda glued all the way around!
I have about 10 left to do and she's not letting me anywhere near her hair at the moment cos it hurt her so much!!!
Any ideas??
Thanks in advance

Can anyone help......Please? Just come back from Egypt, while we were there my 7yr old had some plaits done in her hair, the whole of the front of her head!!, she's going back to school tommorow and I need to get them out, the only thing is I think they've been glued instead of the tiny little bands they normally use:eek::eek:
If anyone remembers the babyliss colour hair extensions I think this is how they've been put in.
Is there anything that I can use (preferably something lying around the house) that will dissolve the stuff??
I've managed to get 1 out but as i had to cut through it it's also cut her hair:eek: and then i still had to pull at it cos it's kinda glued all the way around!
I have about 10 left to do and she's not letting me anywhere near her hair at the moment cos it hurt her so much!!!
Any ideas??
Thanks in advance

Hi this is a tough one because we don't know what they used ,
I can only say that when I take out extension bonds I use acetone based product , I have looked at the bottle and it contains a tiny bit of water too ,
the bonds have to be crushed too with a pair of special pliers , which then turns them into a powder which can then be safely removed ,

Acetone is dangerous near a child's eyes and in untrained hands, it is highly flammable and has lots of fumes,you have to be careful handling and disposing of it ,

can she wait until after school or don't they allow plaits ?

I would book her into a salon and see what they say , as it may turn out she would need a different type of remover other than acetone :hug:

I've just tried using acetone on a little pad and it's working :) done half of her head and now she's stropped off!! She's sooooooo impatient.
Thanks

Hi I'm glad its working :hug: I noticed that you are a trained nail geek so I knew handling the acetone wouldnt be a problem for you , x
I just hope you can manage to get them all out if she lets you lol :hug: x

Latest posts

Back