Help! How do you cope?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPB

Reaction score
I can't stop ruining my poor nails :( I use to wear acrylic's but they felt weak and i kept getting bored of them after 2 weeks, so found myself removing and changing coloured tips.. However i completely steered away from using enhancements because i would ruin them also while doing acrylic's on clients..

I started using shellac or gel polish, works wonders however, my nails go weak and soft using water, i have worked with beer for the past 4 days plus next weekend i'm back in the pub and it gets everywhere over my hands and nails.

I find myself peeling and picking at the gel polish then, as my nails are bending and making the gel polish move? Well i can't explain it, plus i seem to change my design after a week or fancy something new..

My nails grow lovely but will break.. I am out of options, i want my nails to look beautiful but i can't seem to keep them looking smart without me ruining them.. Should i just buy some normal nail polish and wear that as much as i can and use gel polish when my nails have grown out a little better.

Is anyone else in the same boat about changing designs etc.

Wear acrylics but instead of using coloured tips, paint the colour on yourself and keep infilling as you go. I only remove every 3 months now and then I start again with a new set - so long as you're soaking off and removing correctly there should be minimal damage :)

Wear acrylics but instead of using coloured tips, paint the colour on yourself and keep infilling as you go. I only remove every 3 months now and then I start again with a new set - so long as you're soaking off and removing correctly there should be minimal damage :)

I wear acrylic's good, usually for weeks and weeks.. Uhm might do that instead. Or i'll leave my nails plain till tuesday, i'm off swimming tomorrow and have two clients, might just leave my nails bare for a day or two. thank you.

Why dont you use brisa smoothing gel and then either use vinylux or your normal choice of polish. You will still have the strength of shellac but you can
change your polish as you wish.

There is no buffing with Brisa Lite so no wear and tear that you are causing by using l&p xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

When my nails are getting a bit longer, I use Brisa Lite Smoothing gel under my Shellac, it makes such a difference! You should try it.

I also use brisa lite smoothing gel as I can never decide what to do and as soon as I put shellac on I want to change it! I've started wearing bl so my nails are never "naked" xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I've worn all kinds of combinations whilst at college, hard gel is the easiest to wear in terms of being affected by our job. Natural acrylic is my favourite however as I can take polish on or off as suits between clients. Saying that I'm now sporting love me like a vamp Gelish as I'm bored after weeks of French gel but I didn't remove first just thinned etc

Ah i see. Does S2 have any type of gold shellac. I would like to bulk buy if i am paying for delivery or ordering.. I was requested for a gold gel polish, so wondered if shellac does one, i seen one on S2 sugared spice, wondered if that was a gold?

Sugared spice is a dark gold colour. Its the closest i have to gold although im not 100% sure there isnt another one. Something in my head is saying gold chrome but i dont think tgats a colour.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Think they have a silver chrome... Ah fair enough.

there is iced cappertino which is a creamy gold or try using a gold additive or mica powder to the dispersion layer then seal it with top coat

I would defiantly advise brisa smoothing gel.. No point putting acrylic over if your wanting your own nails naturally healthy - you don't buff what so ever yet still gives strength. If your wanting length maybe try brisa sculpting as again it requires no buffing so no damage and is a soak off gel :) I think there is. Vinylux gold color - not 100% but it works lovely over brisa lite xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app xxx

I have some coming today. :)

Latest posts

Back